HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General General jailbreaking, downgrading, and upgrading topics belong in here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:13 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Downgrading from 2.0.2 to 1.1.1

Hey guys,
I have been reading up a bit ...
I just got a new 8Gb Iphone the 3G Model.

It came with 2.0.1 FW. Yesterday I tried many APPZ like ZiPhone and others to try and unlock and jailbreak my Iphone.

I had some errors like Error 4, 5 ,9 , etc... after I tried Shift + Restore (choose ipsw) and finaly decided to Restore from Itunes and now I'm stuck at 2.0.2.

What I would want would be to downgrade to 1.1.1 where I can get something called the baseband so it gets unlocked then jailbreak it also. So I can put games. Then Upgrade it back to it's lastest version.

I'm running windows and have been running into serious problems where I though it was bricked ... anybody help ???

2.0.2 -> 1.1.1 - > 1.1.2 ->1.1.3 ->1.1.4 ->2.0.2 Can this be done ?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:22 AM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G (White 16GB), Iphone 1.1.3 JAILBUSTED

The 3G CANNOT be unlocked (so far). If you downgrade like that you will brick it.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
The 3G CANNOT be unlocked (so far). If you downgrade like that you will brick it.
fine i'll wait for the unlock feature to be added...
but for now ... is it possible to shed some light on how to properly JAILBREAK this phone. ? With no Error ? Am I stuck at 2.0.2 ?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:53 AM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G (White 16GB), Iphone 1.1.3 JAILBUSTED

You can jailbreak 2.0.2 using Pwnage. Check out the Pwnage forum on this site. However, as with any hacking we cant promise you wont have any issues. Its always use at your own risk.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
You can jailbreak 2.0.2 using Pwnage. Check out the Pwnage forum on this site. However, as with any hacking we cant promise you wont have any issues. Its always use at your own risk.
Isn't Pwnage only available for MAC ? I have a PC.
What are the step by step instructions since I have 2.0.2

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General