HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General General jailbreaking, downgrading, and upgrading topics belong in here.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 02:37 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3g 2.0
Operating System: Windows Vista
Powned iPhone 3g on 2.0 in DFU mode and iTunes won't recognize it.

I was updating my jailbroken iphone 3g from 2.0 to 2.0.2. I used WinPwn to jailbreak my iPhone if it matters.
When i was updating it my iphone got error 1604 do i clicked restore and my iphone was stuck on the steve jobs logo saying some foriegn crap. IDK if this is DFU mdoe but whatever it is how do I get out of it.
I have held my iphones sleep/wake button for 10 then home for 10 and itunes still wont recognize it.
What shall I do.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:52 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1/2G v1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP sp2

when using winpwn u have to 1st install the firmware that came with itunes b4 u install the custom made firmware. that is why u got that error. that is not dfu mode what u have. u know when u get the wire at the bottom connecting to the itunes logo? that is the equivelent. to get out of that keep pressing power and home and that will go away. i had the same problem and that is how i solved it for me, gl!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:57 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3g 2.0
Operating System: Windows Vista

like doing the process 10 seconds then 10 seconds with only home or tapping both repeadidly
And shuld it be connected to the computer or not

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General