HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion SDK questions. A place for iPhone developers to post code snippets, discuss creating iPhone apps, and any other iPhone developing.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 04:34 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod touch 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
OpenGL ES without flicker?

I got an iPod touch recently and am looking to port the Quake games to it, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting an OpenGL ES context set up in a way which doesn't flicker and reveal the status bar underneath.

At the moment I'm using code borrowed from http://code.google.com/p/meadanglobe/ to set up the OpenGL context.

Does anyone know how to set up OpenGL ES the "right way"?

The official docs recommend using a CAEAGLLayer, which doesn't appear to exist in the unofficial SDK.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:06 AM
What's Jailbreak?

You may try to download iPhone SDK beta 4, which has the Open GL ES feature you might find suitable. It is available since 3 days ago.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:10 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod touch 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP SP2

Thanks,

I don't think I can actually use the official SDK - I don't have a Mac, just a Windows box, but perhaps there's another way to fish the required files out of the disk image? (I would need to check if that's against the SDK agreement or not.)

Edit: I should add that Lazrhog helped me out with some code to reduce the flickering:
Code:
	// Hide the status bar.
	[UIHardware _setStatusBarHeight: 0.0];
	[self setStatusBarMode: 2 duration: 0];
Old 04-26-2008, 05:26 AM
What's Jailbreak?

To use iPhone SDK you may install Mac OS Leopard on a Intel PC with SSE3 enabled, such as powered by dual core. At least 1GB RAM, and about 80GB HDD. There is an article at hackint0sh if I am not mistaken telling you how to do it.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion