HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion SDK questions. A place for iPhone developers to post code snippets, discuss creating iPhone apps, and any other iPhone developing.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 04:05 AM
What's Jailbreak?

iPhone Installation error

Hello,

I'm new to iPhone and i have a rookie question:
I downlaoded the latest X-Code (3.1) which is, as far as i understand, purposed for iPhone OS 2.0.
I created a very simple "hello world" application and installed it on my iPhone which has OS 1.1.4
But when i click on the app. icon nothing happens except for the icon which is palced all over the screen for couple of seconds.
My question is, can i install an app. which compiled on X-Code 3.1 on a device with OS 1.1.4?
If not, i tried to locate a former SDK for the 1.1.4 but couldn't find any, does anyone have a valid link?
Thanks.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:28 AM
Green Apple

you can only install applications on your device if you are an approved developer (apple approves almost nobody at this point) and pay at least $99 a year.
if you are, you get the iphone OS 2.0 beta to install on your iphone.

on other iphones applications created with the SDK cannot be run.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:
robybd (04-24-2008)
Old 04-24-2008, 06:59 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Hi,
I didn't understand 1 thing, how can i create application for the iPhone OS 1.1.4?
The iPhone i'm using was jail-break so i shouldn't have a problem to run any app.
I have the sdk for 2.0 but i can't run any application i create as my iPhone OS is 1.1.4
Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by robybd View Post
Hi,
I didn't understand 1 thing, how can i create application for the iPhone OS 1.1.4?
The iPhone i'm using was jail-break so i shouldn't have a problem to run any app.
I have the sdk for 2.0 but i can't run any application i create as my iPhone OS is 1.1.4
Thanks again.
you simply can't. apps created with the official SDK cannot be run on 1.1.4, jailbroken or not. period. they can only be run on 2.0 beta if you are a paying developer.

applications for 1.1.4 (= jailbreak-applications) can only be created via toolchain (see stickies in this forum).
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:
robybd (04-26-2008)
Old 04-26-2008, 11:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Ok, thanks a lot.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion