HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion SDK questions. A place for iPhone developers to post code snippets, discuss creating iPhone apps, and any other iPhone developing.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 09:34 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Bluetooth working on 1.1.4 some apps

Hi all, It’s Earl from UpHi.net Yea, the old guy who discovered the Macally iVoice III hardware hack. Now we are playing with software.

I got the Jabra 125s bluetooth dongle to work with the voip app !! Also the voice notes AND A2DP streaming music. (iPhone and iPod touch)

The best part is it only costs $18.95 usd. (on web, Jabra 125s mail order from NY)
Yea, I know its only BT 1.2, but this is a start.

So if ya got a BT headset, then sip-voip will work with it with this dongle. BTW, I tried it on iPod Touch and iPhone as I now have both to do BT development work on.

I am interested in teaming with others on this BT manager project.

The voice notes app also work with the Jabra 125s BT dongle and my Motorola HT-820 headset.
I am also working on a BT manager for the iPhone AND BT dongles that will have A2DP and other profiles. (such as BT file xfer)

Ya wouldnt believe how many BT dongles and procedures I tried before this worked.

I even had to buy an iPhone to experiment with.
The iPhone is on 1.1.4, jailbroke with ziPhone and unlocked.

Being the tightwad I am, I couldn’t see spending $59.95 a month on ATT.
Soooo, I bought a sim from T-Mobile ($10) and am on a pay as ya go plan (on T-Mobile). I just put some money on my T-mobile account and WAMMM, I’m in bussiness !

So ATT can take a hike and now 87% of the world cell systems can use the iPhone !

Amazing what an SDK will do foe insight !

Oh...I guess I need to say HOW to make it work ! I will try to make another how-to on y-tub on Sunday 3-16-08.

It turned out NOT to be a hack ! Its a PROCEDURE ya need to follow to be able to use the BT dongle. If I can get with the sip-voip programmers, I am sure the ‘trick procedure’ would not be necessary ! The sip-voip program hangs if I start it with the BT dongle in. So, start the sip-voip program with the BT dongle OUT. (not plugged in dock connector). PAIR the dongle (Jabra 125s) with the headset (Motorola HT-820) BEFORE ya plug it into the dock connector. (I think other BT headsets will work also)
Then start the sip-voip program and connect to your sip provider in the normal manner.
Now ya can plug the 125s BT dongle into the dock connector. Ya will get an error message about airplane mode, choose NO.
NOW ya can make sip-voip calls thru the BT headset. !!
Also at this point ya can use the voice notes program !

The old man......Earl
uphiearl on y-tub
PS: Moderators, I did post this info on other sites. I hope I posted here in the right place.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uphi For This Useful Post:
enigma67 (03-24-2008)
Old 03-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Green Apple

Send a message via MSN to rohit_baba
Bluetooth Transfer

Hi

Is there any software developed yet, that will do bluetooth transfer for files from iphone to any other devices, so that people can share the contents.

please advise

thanks

Rohit_baba
Old 03-23-2008, 11:57 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 (1.0.2 starter)
Operating System: Mac OS X & Linux Open Suse
Send a message via AIM to Uko Send a message via MSN to Uko

Some A2DP support will be nice to!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.14
Operating System: PC XP

Has anyone solved the music streaming to the iphone yet? I saw the Icombi solution but that concerns me as it would not allow streaming and charging. There are dongles on ebay that connect into the 3.5 headphone jack. Has anyone tried one of those (like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll....cWAT.m240.lVI

Alternatively, I agree with Uko we need a blue tooth hack that will allow us to stream!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone1.1.4 jailbroken
Operating System: XP

I picked up a dongle by ZOOM which has a passthrough connector for charging. Tried a few different scenarios while waiting for someone to develop a good BT setup for the iphone, especially for the car, without dishing out major bucks and having to have a system hard wired into my vehicle. Which I could do myself but they're still too expensive and I can't help but think a nice affordable,plug n' play solution is just around the corner. Check out my posts...
Bluetooth on a Budget
The Following User Says Thank You to ronzo For This Useful Post:
jjbaio (04-27-2008)
Old 04-27-2008, 08:02 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.14
Operating System: PC XP

Thanks ronzo. I ended up buying a Jabra A120s off of Amazon for $25. I paired it with my Motorokr S9 headphones and it works like a charm. The best part with the A120s is that it works with my all of my portable electronics that have a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. Of course with the Iphone I have to use a headphone adapter. Have you thought about a wireless FM transmitter to solve your car usage. I picked up a Belkin FM transmitter at Target for $19.99.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8gb BL 3.9 (FW 2.0 Beta)
Operating System: Windows XP SP2, OS X Leopard 10.5.2, Ubuntu 7.10, Windows Vista
Send a message via AIM to m3thodandr3d

I'll help you with the project .

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion