HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion SDK questions. A place for iPhone developers to post code snippets, discuss creating iPhone apps, and any other iPhone developing.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 12:29 PM
What's Jailbreak?

how to schedule native (sdk) apps?

this sdk banner rule with "only one 3rd party app at a time" is getting to me. i guess even though i would put a 1-minute timer in my app, and regularily wake it up to see it has anyhing to do, i would still have to require my app to be the only one running.

did any one of you figured out how to at least schedule a 3rd party native app to launch at regular intervals of time? (sort of like cron-ing it, with the apple sdk's blessing?) or a workaround with the same result that you can think of. what would happen with another 3rd party app that is unlucky enough to be in use when the scheduled one is launched?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:27 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 [JB]
Operating System: OS X 10.5.2

You can't schedule your app to launch using the official SDK...and to do so would cause the currently running app to quit and yours to come to the foreground.

Basically, if you want to write an app that does something in the background you're going to have to write it using the open toolchain. Unless, of course, Apple comes to their senses and does something to change the current situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to cpatch For This Useful Post:
drivefast (04-01-2008)
Old 04-04-2008, 11:36 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

im on it
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:
drivefast (04-05-2008)
Old 04-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

Send a message via AIM to DoerrFan

I see the reasoning behind it, as it could drain the battery, and i mean really drain it i've noticed with some apps i tested on jailbroken. But i hope they do something about that.

SEARCH BEFORE POSTING
Old 04-05-2008, 08:19 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
im on it
thanks. lemme know if i can help with what i researched so far. calendar, maybe?... somehow i would think they will have to open the calendar, if they want to integrate nicely with m$ exchange.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 [JB]
Operating System: OS X 10.5.2

Apple apps aren't subject to the same limitations as third party apps. Support for scheduling and background apps is in the frameworks, it's just not exposed in the public APIs.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion