HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion SDK questions. A place for iPhone developers to post code snippets, discuss creating iPhone apps, and any other iPhone developing.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 04:09 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Windows Cygwin Binary Toolchain and 1.1.4

Hi,

because of some problems with my syncML tool, I would like to create my first iphone app (I just started some days ago with jiggy, but now I try to change to ObjectiveC). I have found an article for installing a cygwin toolchain on iphonegameover and have done the installation strictly as described, but if I try to compile a simple HelloWorld I got linking errors
I have also tried a downloaded prebuild toolchain with an already included old iphone filesystem, here it works. When I change the iphone filesystem to my 1.1.4, the same linker error happened.
##
arm-apple-darwin-gcc -c -Wall -pipe -ansi -O3 main.m -o main.o
arm-apple-darwin-gcc -c -Wall -pipe -ansi -O3 helloWorld.m -o helloWorld.o
arm-apple-darwin-gcc -lobjc -framework CoreFoundation -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework LayerKit -framework CoreGraphics -o helloWorld main.o helloWorld.o
/usr/local/bin/arm-apple-darwin-ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt1.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [helloWorld] Error 1
##

What's the reason? Maybe someone can help me?

Or is it not necessary to change the toolchain to the 1.1.4 filesystem for developing?

Thanks in advantage

Frank
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows XP

I did not change the toolchain for 1.1.3 development except adding some headers when I needed them. It is working fine.

I don't think we will be so lucky with firmware 2.0
The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:
betonmoewe (03-28-2008)
Old 03-28-2008, 04:22 AM
What's Jailbreak?

And how can I do that (only changing headerfiles)???
Old 03-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Green Apple

When you say you changed the 'iphone filesystem', what do you mean?

When building, the toolchain uses headers, and then links against a combination of basic libraries and the frameworks included from the filesystem you provide. You can swap out the frameworks from 102, 111, 113, 114, etc, if you like, but as you found, you should not swap the entire linker path or you will have other problems (crt1...)
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobra For This Useful Post:
betonmoewe (03-28-2008)
Old 03-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by betonmoewe View Post
And how can I do that (only changing headerfiles)???
I wouldn't worry about it unless you run into something you need or is missing. 1.1.4 isn't that different from 1.0.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:
betonmoewe (03-28-2008)
Old 05-04-2008, 01:30 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Succeed on Cygwin under Windows XP & Vista. (iPhone 1.1.4)

<<Windows Cygwin Binary Toolchain Installation>>

Solution for the problem: <<... /usr/local/bin/arm-apple-darwin-ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt1.o >>

..is... (step by step installation)
1)Do all the steps from the official page... (http://wiki.iphonegameover.com/Windo...n_Installation)

When asked 'Do you wish to connect to your device and download the required files?' Press n for No. <<<----

2) Decrypt a firmware ipsw manually and place the extracted filesystem in /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/filesystem after Cygwin is installed.. (follow the next steps)

For Firmware 1.1.4 (i) get the vfdecrypt.exe from Rapid Share (http://rapidshare.com/files/11240608...crypt.rar.html) (ii) get the Apple's iPhone firmware 1.1.4 and rename it with extension .zip and unzip it (run) vfdecrypt -i 022-3894-4.dmg -o decrypted114.dmg -k d0a0c0977bd4b6350b256d6650ec9eca419b6f961f593e74b7 e5b93e010b698ca6cca1fe

download 30 day eval of TransMac? (google and you will find)

Open decrypted114.dmg with TransMac?

Extract the applications you want and transfer the to /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/filesystem

Start the installation ..

When you see the <<Your toolchain installation is now complete!>> message...

3) Copy/Replace the lib files of the following attachment to C:\cygwin\usr\local\arm-apple-darwin\filesystem\usr\lib http://rapidshare.com/files/66800884/lib.rar (14.2mb) Password for rar file is: aksblog.co.nr

4) Now you are ready to compile the first helloWorld app: http://rapidshare.com/files/11240912...World.rar.html. just decompress it in a folder e.g C:\cygwin\Developer\helloWorld and run <<make>> to do the job!

Enjoy
Old 05-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8gb BL 3.9 (FW 2.0 Beta)
Operating System: Windows XP SP2, OS X Leopard 10.5.2, Ubuntu 7.10, Windows Vista
Send a message via AIM to m3thodandr3d

^^^Nice guide ! Maybe it will help jump start some novices into the iPhone coding scene.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > iPhone / iPod Touch SDK | Development Discussion