HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | General Chat
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IPOD TOUCH | General Chat General iPod Touch questions/discussion.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 01:24 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iTouch + 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP
i think customize broke my ipod

i'm using the customize 2 beta and when i exited out of it, it sent my pod in what i think is the spinning wheel of death. My ipod keeps going straight to the apple logo for about 10 minutes, flashes and than goes back to it after about 15 5-15 seconds of a blank screen.

And for some reason my wifi isn't connecting either so i can't replace or fix anything that might be the problem. Can someone please help me out? I don't wanna restore my ipod again but if that's the only solution i'll be fine with doing it. I just have things i don't wanna lose (notes)
Old 05-16-2008, 02:01 PM

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 1.1.4 (SV patch 1.1.3)
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux FTW!!!
Send a message via AIM to doomsayer97

I'm sorry, I got that too, you need to restore =/
But, I'm thinking that you can SSH into your iPod and find those notes and get them onto your computer. I think that there is an app in Installer that'll let you do that, but seeing as your wi-fi won't connect, your best bet is to try to find those notes through an SSH.
http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:25 PM

Device + Firmware: iTouch + 1.1.4

yeah, unfortunately i gotta accept my losses. I tried ssh and it ain't workin. So i'm gonna just keep trying for 5 to 10 minutes than try to restore...again. I attempted to restore just now. Nothing fancy, just hit the restore button, no "hold shift" and no outside programs. It didn't work though. I got some message saying it couldn't find the disk. So it's back to the same loop now

edit: whaddya know, i got in ssh. I had the wrong ip address in. (my ip address changes daily). Now i need to a) find the notes location and B) find a guide that will tell me what is potentially the problem. I'm gonna check out the preferences to the apps and maybe some of the little things that can hurt the system.

Last edited by screamo : 05-16-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 06-07-2008, 10:52 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone v.1.1.4

If SSH doesn't work for you, put your phone into DFU mode by holding down both the top and home buttons for about ten seconds (until the iphone restarts), then letting go of the top button and holding the home button for about 20 more seconds. The phone should turn off, and you should be able to go into itunes to restore it.

....worked for me....

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | General Chat