HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore Any jailbreaking or firmware changing for the iPod Touch are discussed here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 05:55 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Itouch
Operating System: Windows Vista
Installer package error

I tried upgrading my iTouch to hacked 1.1.4 firmware. It worked but I kept getting an error saying "Error package download failed: can't find host!" I have heard that refreshing the sources and clearing the quene fixes this. Well it doesnt in my case. I have downgraded to hacked 1.1.2 and tring to get to 1.1.3, but the app wont install because of this! Does anyone know how to overcome this?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:44 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPod Touch 1.1.4 Firmware
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

I'd appreciate it if anyone had info on this, it's the same thing that happened to me.
Only difference for me is that I can sometimes get past that, but it will not download any packages.

It will say "Downloading package..." for a moment then the words change to "Checking package" for an instant before saying the download failed. I don't know if this is simply a matter of the wifi not working properly or if there's something wrong internally.

Does it matter if you're using a public wifi spot to download or should it be a private wireless router?

EDIT: I successfully downloaded a few packages of varying size, but the main reason for me Jailbreaking my iPod was to get the NES app on it, and it won't download that. Always comes up with the problem above... Says those then saying, "Error - Download failed." Only seems to happen with apps who have Nullriver Software as the contact.
Also seems to not want to refresh the sources. It will start but never finish... again I question the public wifi spot.
Any solutions/suggestions?

EDIT EDIT: Used someones personal wireless router and everything went smoothly, I apologize for wasting anyones time. :P

Last edited by Andrew dot exe : 05-29-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore