HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore Any jailbreaking or firmware changing for the iPod Touch are discussed here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 06:36 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista (Unfortunately)
iPod not turning on

I'm deeply concerned.

Earlier today I restored my iPod (used to have ZiPhone but restored after reading up) then I went and used WinPwn. While running it (showing the console messages, etc), I had to run off and do something (30 sec). I come back to find my iPod screen black, and then, not read by my computer, and it now will not turn on (even with pressing and holding the sleep & home buttons for a very long time). My iPod was also fully charged at the time. The last messages on WinPwn were: "
5/31/2008 9:07:43 PM - iPhone entered recovery mode
5/31/2008 9:07:43 PM - Sending ramdisk to iPhone.
5/31/2008 9:07:44 PM - Transfer took 1314.369ms
5/31/2008 9:07:44 PM - Modifying environment...
5/31/2008 9:07:44 PM - Starting pwnage
5/31/2008 9:07:48 PM - iPhone left recovery mode "

Is there something I could do or am I absolutely screwed? What am I to do?

Also, if I want to return it (still under 1yr warranty), could Apple tell it there was "foul play" and not allow a return, or is it beyond all hope?

Last edited by Jeckel : 06-01-2008 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Green Apple

try the dfu mode while connecting to pc
Old 06-01-2008, 01:09 PM
What's Jailbreak?

And how would I go about doing that?
If it involves pressing a button or using the PC, forget it, it simply will not turn on (no matter how many combinations or lengths of time I press the buttons) and cannot be read by my computer (or any computer for that matter).
Otherwise, please enlighten me, I need all the help I can get.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Green Apple

connect ur iphone to pc and then press and hold power+home button for exactly 10secs and then release the power button keep holding the home button .itunes will pop up a message saying that ipod needs to restored or its in recovery mode just click yes and then press shift on windows or option on mac and click restore and then find the suitable frimware and let it update and then jailbreak it
if the ipod is not being powered on just press the home button and then plug it in and keep pressing it then u shud be able to restore it > > > i hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to tahazahoor@hotmail.com For This Useful Post:
Jeckel (06-01-2008)
Old 06-01-2008, 02:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Well, I would like to thank you as it is now restoring! I should be more careful when using WinPwn (far more complex than I expected, might have done something wrong).
Old 06-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Green Apple

umm so would u like to tell wat actually happened and how did u solved it
Old Yesterday, 12:29 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahazahoor@hotmail.com View Post
umm so would u like to tell wat actually happened and how did u solved it
What had happened was a winpwn gone wrong. When pwning, sometimes (SOMETIMES) it can go into recovery mode and not come out again, by this stage the ipod is already in the pwning process. This means that his firmware hadn't properly been written in.

This caused the screen to stop lighting up at all on boot, and nothing would be displayed on the screen. What is needed to fix this is a ROM-based (read only, it'll never be effected unless you remove the chip) fix called DFU mode.

To access this mode, you plug in your ipod to the computer and turn off the ipod and hold the ON and HOME buttons consecutively for 10 seconds. After this, release the ON button and hold it down. It'll start looking for drivers and your iTunes will recognize a DFU device. You can restore like normal from here.
Old Yesterday, 12:43 AM
Green Apple

thnx i think i helped u then hahaha just kidding >

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore