HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore Any jailbreaking or firmware changing for the iPod Touch are discussed here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 04:49 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4
Installer problem 1.1.4

My installer app has, for some unknown reason, just suddenly stopped working - it won't load. Click on icon and the white screen appearsfor about 10 secs and then I am back at my springboard.

I have searched a lot of posts and it seems the most popular remedies are changing the permissions of installer or renaming somefiles in installer.

The problem I have is this, how do I change permissions using Iphone PC suite?? I don't seem to have this option anywhere!

Also, there are various folders called installer and I am not sure exactly which one I should be looking at!

Also the other solution of changing some the file RemotePackages.plist to RemotePackagesold .plist sounds great but I cannot find this file either!!

Finally, someone else mentioned just using the jailbreak option on Ziphone (this is what my phone was unlocked with weeks ago), but will this definitely preserve all my other apps and settings? I really don't want to start again from scratch!!

Many thanks

Lynda

OK, an update on this.

I managed to find the 'remotepackages' file, and I changed it to 'old'.
Ran installer and it worked.
However, I just tried to run installer again and it is back to the same old trick, ie, it just won't open - get the white screen for a few seconds and then back to springboard.

I don't really want to go and change the file name evrytime I want to run installer so hasd anyone found a workaround??

Thanks

Lynda

Last edited by Lynswin : 06-01-2008 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 PM
What's Jailbreak?

You can try get cydia and manually install that. It shouldn't be too difficult if you've ssh'd into the ipod before.

And jailbreaking with ZiPhone is NOT a good thing. At first possible convenience, you'll want to restore and do it again with iLiberty+.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:42 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4

Mmmmm......seems to be Ok now! Although it does seem to take longer to load than before but I can live with this!

I have managed to DL Cydia so i have that as a back up if installer fails again!

Why are people so against Ziphone? I have been using my iPhone for weeks now and it was done with Ziphone (before I bought it). And I have just upgraded my daughters iPhone with it and she doesn't seem to have any probs.

Are you saying that this problem with installer is something to do with Ziphone?

Thanks

Lynda
Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 1.1.4 (SV patch 1.1.3)
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux FTW!!!
Send a message via AIM to doomsayer97

Well, every time that I have used ZiPhone, I have had to restore my iPod. I don't know if that's the same for everyone, but iLiberty+ just seems to work better.
http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:27 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Heres how i fixed mine. I SSH'd into it, uninstalled installer.app and the one in var/mobile/etc.

I used cydia, to get installer 3.10. Then installer worked. I searched for installer on installer, and got the 3.11 version. No problems.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore