HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore Any jailbreaking or firmware changing for the iPod Touch are discussed here.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Jailbroken Itouch fw 2.0.2
Operating System: WinXP
Guide to Jailbreak 2.0.2

I said I would make a guide a couple of days ago and got distracted and stuff so for you people that cant read here go the warnings
IPOD TOUCH GUIDE ONLY TO JB 2.0.2, PM FOR HELP WILL TRY TO GET TO EVERYONE, HERE WE GO!

What you need:
1. Ipod touch
2. Latest winpwn, link:RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
3.2.0.2 firmware, CANNOT POST LINK TO DOWNLOAD, GOOGLE IT, BUT IF YOUR COMPLETELY HOPELESS PM ME. BUT LOOK FOR IT!

Alright this method is totally easy and if you can read, you got this in the bag.

STEPS.
1. Have your legit fw (firmware) saved on your desktop.
2. Begin Winpwn
3. Have Expert ON
4. USE CUSTOM INSTALL GIVES MORE OPTIONS, so have the pineapple on.
5. Select ipod touch.
6. Select 2.0.2 firmware.
7. Thumbs up for Youtube activation.
- Thumbs up for cydia (if you want it doesn't hurt).
- Thumbs up for installer 4 (i got both, more the merrier).
- Thumbs up resize partition.
- Unnecessary to wipe data so I selected thumbs down.
- Thumbs up custom logo (looks cool)
8. Set partition size to 600
9. Select your bootlogos than next.
10. Now its asking where you want to save your custom ipsw, put it were you want but make sure you know where it is! Then click save.
11. At this point it is building your baby . Be patient.
12. Ok, now that you're back from the snack break, your ipsw is built. Now it asks you to view dfu mode. (optional)
13. Have your ipod hooked up to your pc and powered OFF.
14. Follow the steps as close as possible on the program screen.
15. Congratulations your in DFU mode. Open itunes shift click restore, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT YOUR CUSTOM BUILT FIRMWARE.
16. Now its going to take a while for it to be loaded on to your itouch, so take another coffee break. By the time you come back your itouch just got way more accessible.

NOTES
While typing up this super easy guide I was pwning my itouch, and everything went super smooth for me and if you follow the guide you'll be fine. I hope everything runs smoothly for you guys, I know this guide wasn't really necessary, but you never know some people need a written guide. ENJOY
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saint431 For This Useful Post:
MkUltra (Yesterday), yess (09-05-2008)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

Tags
2.0.2, guide, tutorial, winpwn