HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading This forum is for jailbreaking, downgrading and upgrading your firmware, and restoring your firmware.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 03:15 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Downgrading/Flashing froze and won't boot now

Yesterday I succusfully replaced my dead iPhone's battery and got the phone working again. I decided to flash the phones firmware so I could unlock it to use with another service. Unfortunately my phone had the latest firmware I believe and it was giving me issues. I was using either ZipPhone or Ibrick and the program froze while going through the processes, and I think I might have disconnected the phone from the PC prematurely because the program was not responding.

Now my phone won't boot up (no apple logo), when I try and charge the phone I don't get anything, but sometimes when I connect the phone to the PC it'll give me either the red low battery and do nothing, or it will give me a screen with horizontal black/white lines (like an old tv with no signal.)

Is my phone done for? Is there anyway to get this phones HD wiped and reinstall software/firmware so it is capable of working? I hate Apple, I really do, I've managed to salvage iPods from nothing in the past, but the iPhone is new to me... please someone advise!
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:17 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Same thing happened to me awhile ago. And yes, you can fix it. You just gotta put it into DFU mode first. To do this you have to
*Hold the home and lock button down untill the screen turns black
*When the screen turns black get your finger off the lock button, Only hold the home button
*after about five seconds your phone should reboot, and it will have something on the screen(i think its a cord and itunes logo)
*anyway, reconnect your phone to itunes now, it should notify you of it being in restore mode or something like that.
When the phone pops up click restore, this should take care of your problem.
If an error occurs restart your computer and try again
Hope this helps
Old 06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Hmm tried when I got both screens, seems to just shut the phone off, and if I unplug the phone it'll shut off no matter what. It's strange, the phones got to be alive still some how. These are the 2 screens I get whenever I connect it to my computer

(just blurry)

The phone just doesn't seem willing to communicate with the computer, it's not getting recognized as anything, iTunes open or not which is kinda scaring me.

Last edited by toddsfeinb : 06-04-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

It gives the illusion of just "shutting the phone off" but if you continue to hold the home button the phone goes into DFU mode and iTunes SHOULD see it.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:16 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Well I've tried all those key combo's to get into DFU mode and it just doesn't seem to be happening. Unless the screen is black and I cannot see that is what mode it is in I am getting nothing. I've tried stopping/restarting AppleMobileDevice or whatever it's called, turning iTunes on/off, and holding the Home key forever, and nothing. Not even the beep through my computer whenever I plug basically any USB device in. I'll continue to try getting this phone into DFU mode so that I can get it recognized in iTunes to restore
Old 06-05-2008, 01:07 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Just keep trying, if you get an error restart your comp and try again. Hope it works
Old 06-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

As my instructions clearly show.. the screen will be BLACK... and REMAIN black if you are properly in DFU mode.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:26 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Well after re-opening the iPhone, I found out that the battery's white wire (middle) came unsoldered, awesome! So this is why I haven't been getting any response from the phone. I have taken out the battery because I assume it is useless, none the less there isn't even enough wire on the black (first) wire to resolder considering the tight amount of space.

Now, I re-ordered a new battery, but will it get power, or from losing the white wire for an amount of time shorted the phone in anyway to make it useless? I guess I'll find out when I re-solder a new battery in.....
Old 06-10-2008, 03:38 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone
Operating System: Vista 32 bit

this can help you check it out, about soldering the batery wire

The 1st solution to unbrick iPhone with power-on problem (only power-on with AC)!! - Hackint0sh

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading