HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion Discussion regarding Native iPhone and iPod Touch apps.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Green Apple

URGENT!!! Need Help

Last night i installed a few apps on my 1.1.1 phone including vWallpaper...it gave me a warning sayin its not compatible with 1.1.1 n might cause instability to the firmware...i ignored it n went ahead with the install... then noticed that vWallpaper wasnt workin so uninstalled it...unplugged my phone n crashed into bed.

Morning i got up ..synced a few videos to my phone. Whenever i sync anything to the phone my ringtones, which i have set thru sendSong are wiped off,... n then all i have to do is start SendSong again.. click on the ringtones button.. quit the app.. n restart my phone.. n my tones are back(think this is the normal procedure for all).

But today something weird happened.I resent my ringtones thru SendSong and restarted the phone..only to notice tht my phone was BRICKED...stuck at the apple logo for eternity...tried the power down + home combo n restarted my phone but still no luck.

Connected it to my comp n realised tht iTunes n PC Suite were detecting my phone...so i tried uninstalling a few apps but still ntn happend. Thought of trying to do a restore thru iTunes.. but restore would wipe out all my data n also update the firmware to 1.1.4..which i dint want to do. This is when i was really scared n shatterd..dint know wht to do.

Out of desperation ...i tried replacing the com.Springboard.plist in the LaunchDeamons with a backup copy of some days back... still ntn happened..phone was just stuck at the apple logo n it kept restarting after abt 5 - 7 mins.

Then i edited the original springboard.plist file to remove the entries made by SendSong..put it back on my phone...still it dint start.

After a little survey i came across this page which instructed me to do a "restore roll back" or something by pressing the Power + home button n then releasing the home button before the power button and then again using the same to buttons to shut down the phone..I did that n WHHHACKK...my Phone was alive again..THANK GODD!!!

Now i really dont know wht step worked..was it the restore roll back thing or was it the removal of the SendSong entries from the springboard.plist file.
I dont have custom ringtones on my phone right now n im a bit scared to try SendSong again..cuz i have absolutely no idea how i got my phone to work again.

Could some1 please tell me why this problem happend in the first place n also what did i do to make the phone work. Also i really need those ringtones to work..
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 8gb iPhone 1.1.4 AT&T
Operating System: Windows XP

ok ok I absolutely apologize that I cannot give you the solution.
[BUT]
You have posted in the wrong section. :P
Old 06-02-2008, 12:44 AM
Green Apple

....how could it be anything other than your first paragraph of info. Worked fine, installed vwallpaper, restarted phone,...doesnt work. What was the last thing u did? Installed a 3rd party app which informed you it would have repercussions.. URGENT? no...
Old 06-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adplaya View Post
....how could it be anything other than your first paragraph of info. Worked fine, installed vwallpaper, restarted phone,...doesnt work. What was the last thing u did? Installed a 3rd party app which informed you it would have repercussions.. URGENT? no...
Nope...like i said.. phone was working fine ..until i syncd a few videos from iTunes ..then to get my custom ringtones..started SendSong.. syncd tones...restarted the phone..n thts it.. it froze

n BTW sorry for the wrong section but i put this in the general chat section 4 days back n dint get any reply.. so thought of trying it out here

Last edited by meetidnani : 06-02-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Green Apple

Its not the videos.......theres nothing a video can do to the actual boot system of the iPhone. Sendsong on the other hand never worked for me.. I uninstalled it the day I installed it. But if a program states incompatibility like vWallpaper did, shouldnt you take it like a road sign and heed its warning? And what are you doing on 1.1.1 anyway?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:27 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: IPhone/4GB,8GB,16GB/1.1.3/4/Unlocked
Operating System: OSX Leopard
Send a message via MSN to heath_rox

warning sighs are there for a reason now you know

Iphone-1.1.3-04.03.13g-everything working-telstra
Old 06-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Its not the videos.......theres nothing a video can do to the actual boot system of the iPhone.
YEAH KNOW THAT

Quote:
Sendsong on the other hand never worked for me.. I uninstalled it the day I installed it.
Works perfect for me

Quote:
But if a program states incompatibility like vWallpaper did, shouldnt you take it like a road sign and heed its warning?
I know i acted stupid by ignoring it..should'nt have installed it in the first place...STAB ME FOR THIS ..btw does it work on 1.1.1 for any1?

Quote:
And what are you doing on 1.1.1 anyway?
Dunno.. never found the need to upgrade..will probably upgrade once 2 is out. Anyways..tell me..if i upgrade would my data/contacts/apps/etc be lost?

Also ..now tht the phone's working fine(except for the ringtones) ..do u think SendSong should cause a prob again?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:35 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

You're just going to have to restore. If the data on your phone was irreplaceable, what are you doing installing KNOWN incompatible apps on your 1.1.1 phone?

iphone tank volume calculator
Old 06-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Green Apple

When upgrading the only thing that is "lost" is the current apps installed. No contacts or data will be lost. Even if it is iTunes has a backup of you contacts etc.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:03 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
When upgrading the only thing that is "lost" is the current apps installed. No contacts or data will be lost. Even if it is iTunes has a backup of you contacts etc.
Hmm... thnx...

Abt my last question... u think it should be safe trying sendsong again?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Green Apple

dude, just drop the ringtones in your ringtones folder with ssh.

actually, better yet, just upgrade the friggin' phone, pwn it and move on. use iappcat to set up your own repo and just go down the list installing things. it wont take too long, and unless you did some kind of crazy unlock that hasn't been able to be repaired (which i don't think there is, if you did revirginize it) there is absolutely no reason to stay at 1.1.1. once you're done with all that sync your ringtones with itunes.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:49 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: PWNed iPhone 1.1.4. Jailbroken and Unlocked
Operating System: Leopard on Macbook and Vista Ultimate on PC

forget about sendsong now.... just make your own ringtones and put them on itunes. Your ringtones then will be permanent on there without you ever using sendsong. I suggest using audiko.net to make the ringtones.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion