HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion Discussion regarding Native iPhone and iPod Touch apps.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

installer help

hi i need some help. everytime i open installer it seems fine. I click on something i want to download. Seems fine. so the bar at the bottom fills, and the download part goes smoothly, but when it starts to install it, it quits out to the home screen. Any help?
i have around 25 apps nstalled and none of them give me any problems, so i want to know whats wrong with it. I have installed the all sources source by shai if that matters. I know how to ssh, so if that could be a solution then tell me. Please help!!

anybody?

anybody know?

Last edited by jettskiyoyo1 : 06-03-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:05 AM
What's Jailbreak?

There's a few things you can try. First; Go in via SSH and recursively set the permissions of the Installer.app directory to 755.

If this doesn't work, go into the /private/var/mobile/Library/Installer/ directory and rename or remove the following files:

LocalPackages.plist
RemotePackages.plist

Restart your iPhone. Removing these files will force installer to refresh sources, and pull down new package information.

If neither of these work, I'm afraid you may have to restore. Perhaps someone else has a better idea... Use iLiberty; Ziphone is dangerous.

Cheers,

-Kvisions
The Following User Says Thank You to kvisions For This Useful Post:
jettskiyoyo1 (06-05-2008)
Old 06-04-2008, 06:30 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 16G iPhone 1.1.4 | Unlocked & Jailbreaked
Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5
Send a message via AIM to myystiqueen Send a message via MSN to myystiqueen Send a message via Yahoo to myystiqueen Send a message via Skype? to myystiqueen

well actually i had this problem in my earlier days of using iphone... i installed bosstool and checked my free disk space and it told me that i got 0MB free of 300MB in /var.. but i got around 12048MB free out of 14000MB in /. so that means i have no space to install another applications.. that's why i used bosstool to relocate my ringtones, fonts and applications to the '/' partitions so that i can install lots of new applications....

i'm not sure if this helps, but it works for me... gud luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to myystiqueen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2008, 10:58 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Sadly, BossTools' "Relocate Apps" feature has not been working for some time.

I have not seen an update since to address this problem.

Cydia does this, and is a very useful application as well. Probably best to use this instead; at least until BossTools' issue has been corrected.

-Kvisions
The Following User Says Thank You to kvisions For This Useful Post:

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion