HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion Discussion regarding Native iPhone and iPod Touch apps.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 09:12 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone CFW 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Installer Issue!!!"PACKAGE DOWNLOAD FAILED!"

i keep getting this message on my iphone and it doesnt matter what app im trying to download!!!

ERROR
Package download failed!
OK

iv downloaded loads of apps b4 and iv never had problems with my iphone b4 is there sumthing up with the installer store thnw coz thats the same message im getting ryt now

thnx in advance
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP

I get this when I browse installer, try and download an app when I'm not connected to wifi lol
Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 AM
What's Jailbreak?

no man it still doesnt work iv tryed restarting my router and everything still keeps saying that message!!!

iv even tryed uninstalling a app and it wont let anything b uninstalled!!!

can sumone confirm that the installer is working thnw
Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 AM
What's Jailbreak?

csta; there's a number of issues that can cause this. I suspect that you've simply run out of space.

Can you confirm that you have Cydia installed? If not, I'd recommend you remove a few packages, and install it. Cydia creates a symlink that enables application storage on the Media Partition of the device, which essentially eliminates the 300mb limit imposed by the typical storage location; the OS partition.

Let us know if this solves the problem. If you have Cydia installed, try clearing the queue.

Cheers,

-Kvisions
Old 06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
What's Jailbreak?

hi there,does the installer have a limit in size?

coz that might b the problem its j i dnt like using cydia coz u have to go n get the sources by urself, btw its a 16GB iphone i have to space of the device isent the probs

could b if theres a limit on installer sucks if there is tho...
Old 06-04-2008, 11:56 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP

Shouldn't b a limit on installer, I have over 300mb of apps installed and I simlinked them
Old 06-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

No installer does not have a limit. You could try running iLiberty relocate fonts and ringtones payload to try and free up space.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:11 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csta View Post
hi there,does the installer have a limit in size?
Installer in of itself does not have a limit no; however by default, it's installing application onto what's called the OS partition of the device. This partition cannot contain more than 300mb worth of data.

Cydia fixes this by creating what's called a 'symlink' to allow applications to be installed on what's called the 'Media' partition. This is the same part of the device used by iTunes to store music, video, pictures, etc. The result is that you can install as many apps as you have space for.

There is however a limit to the number of apps you can install, even with this fix. The limit isn't imposed by Installer, but in other areas. The Springboard for example, can only support around 150 icons. Installtion of 150 applications isn't possible however. The hard-limit is typically 79, after which point the device becomes too unstable to use in most cases.

This is just in my experience; I'm sure that some have a lot more apps installed using Poof or other methods to handle icons. The truth is, each installed app uses a variety of resources in a variety of ways, making it impossible to really nail down an accurate app count for a given device.

As a simple rule of thumb, if you aren't using it much, it's probably best to remove it altogether.

Also, Install and use TimeCapsule. It can make the restoration process a bit easier, should you have to go that route. (Remember, every install carries with it a risk that your device my stop responding...)

Cheers,

-Kvisions
Old 06-04-2008, 06:27 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 16G iPhone 1.1.4 | Unlocked & Jailbreaked
Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5
Send a message via AIM to myystiqueen Send a message via MSN to myystiqueen Send a message via Yahoo to myystiqueen Send a message via Skype? to myystiqueen

hmmm... well... actually i'm just gonna share some of my experiences..

is it possible that you still has a queue going on your installer?? try to clear that one first by clicking the install button and hit 'clear queue'.. but then if not... it's sometimes because you don't have enough space on your /var partition, which only allows 300mb in size.

i used bossTool to relocate my fonts to '/' partitions... it also allows you to relocate your ringtones and applications too.. it somehow creates a link so that the next time you install applications, it will go straight to the '/' partitions..

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion