HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion Discussion regarding Native iPhone and iPod Touch apps.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 04:06 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1
Operating System: Vista 32bit
Ipod.App says "no Content" though uploaded using iTunes

Hi there everyone,

I have tried to search for a solution for this but I really cant find one.
Basically I have pwned and updated my iphone to 2.0.1 did all the things you do (installing stuff etc) and then i uploaded some of my music using iTunes.

Then I wanted to listen to the songs I just uploaded, and when I click on the ipod.app it says that there is no content.
I have double checked and iTunes says the files are on the iphone, I am not sure if I can double check the itunesDB somehow on the iphone, but its really annoying.
I also double checked with my terminal on the iphone and the files are there..

can anybody help me?

chaosmaker
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
What's Jailbreak?

same problem here! the files are on the iphone (/private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control is as it should be I think), iTunes 7.7 on my mac shows the full library with all items greyed out and on the iPhone it says no content. It's driving me crazy! I restored 3 times in 3 days, I'm not sure but it happens when I install something from Cydia or Installer, but I don't know what..
Old 08-14-2008, 11:21 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Weird, I had the same thing happen to me tonight!
I fixed it by unchecking Video and Music so iTunes removed them all from my iPhone.
After it was done, I checked them and resync and all came back.

I have a feeling it is a problem with an app. You may want to uninstall any apps you put in today and see if it helps as well. It did here.

Before I noticed the iTunes contents were gone alot of my apps were crashing on opening.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Green Apple

happened 2 me 2 twice already.. i had 8 pages of app.. donno which one ****** it up. so now i load less apps.. stable for 2 days now..
Old 08-15-2008, 01:56 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Well I have tried a few things since I posted this yesterday, and though this error has been reported more often with a 3G iPhone and less with the 2G iphones, i think the problem lies in the file system itself.
I found that when I resized my root filesystem in winpwn to around just greater than 801 I got this problem after updating software using cydia, but i did not get that problem with root sizes smaller than or equal to 800.

Right now you probably would say oh just cooincidence, but to make sure I have redone my iphone around 6 times yesterday, testing different configurations, and I got the same problem 80% of the time using root sizes bigger than 800.

It seems that the only way to fix it at the moment is, to wipe your iphone, restore it, but not from backup... and then redo the whole thing again....

What does everyone else think?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:19 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Strangest thing I managed to get my music back by deleting one app in itunes (garagebuy) and then sync. Then just five mins ago my music disapperead again! The only thing I did was installing Simplify Media, uploading some themes via SSH and updating some apps.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:08 AM
What's Jailbreak?

yesterday, my one of my apps wouldnt start, so I restarted my phone and what do you think happened.... again my iphone said no content.... its driving me crazy...
And I didnt install anything or change anything!?!?!?!?!
What is going on!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Hi everyone,

so this is not a solution, but a reason for the problem.
Basically the music disappears to annoy everyone who is trying App Store apps without paying for them yet. I.e. if you uploaded your apps using ipas download from the internet.

To get your music back all you have to do, is to remove all the apps in itunes just unclick the syncing and it will remove all your apps, restart your iphone and there is your music, all you have to do now is to resync all your apps and your done (now just dont restart your phone otherwise you have to do all this again)

Good Luck
Chaos
Old 08-20-2008, 03:28 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G
Operating System: OS X

thx chaosmaker it really worked
Old 08-20-2008, 12:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks for the explanation, I searched everywhere for one. If you install them via app instead of ipa will it act the same way? The only problem with having to resync your apps on every restart is that you will lose all data within those apps. PLus if you have a lot of apps it takes forever. Hopefully this is only if you intall via ipa.

I've done a little testing. I reinstalled all my hacked apps via the app method instead of the ipa method after restoring the firmware. I've restarted many times and my movies and songs are still available. Perhaps someone can eventually find a way around the ipa method to avoid having to unsync and resync.

Last edited by brettatk; 08-20-2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-20-2008, 12:15 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.2

I had the missing apps issue this morning, turned iphone off and when I powered it up again they were back, first time this has happened in 11 months.

Ian
Old 08-20-2008, 03:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

i too had this exact problem and had to restore 3x. Finally got it all working by simply downgrading from itunes 7.7.1 to 7.7.0 Been 2 days now an zero problems.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Known issue. 7400 views at apple support forums..when all apps start crashing, the fix is to de-sync all apps, de-auth pc, re-authorize pc, then resync apps. Today is the 5th time I will have had to do this. Supposedly the fix is coming with the Sept. update but with Apple's latest record, I won't hold my breath. When this happens to me, all app store apps crash, built in ones work and all cydia apps still work just fine..just to add insult, the music is emptied or made to look that way...desyncing it and resyncing it also brings the music back
Old 08-21-2008, 04:59 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Oh btw if you need to save you app data, just use AppBackup you shoudl be able to find it in Cydia it can save and restore all you app data so you wont loose anything anymore.

I agree its itunes 7.7.1 but still

Oh and we are not talking about missing apps, just about missing music

Good Luck
Old 08-21-2008, 02:37 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosmaker View Post
Oh btw if you need to save you app data, just use AppBackup you shoudl be able to find it in Cydia it can save and restore all you app data so you wont loose anything anymore.

I agree its itunes 7.7.1 but still

Oh and we are not talking about missing apps, just about missing music

Good Luck
I was just thinking last night if Appbackup might be the temp answer. I might just continue to use the .app method. It looks like this does not affect your iPhone doing it this way. You can also back up all the apps by copying the app directory over to your pc so when you have to do a restore just copy them back over.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

Tags
iphone, ipod.app, itunes, no content