HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion Discussion regarding Native iPhone and iPod Touch apps.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.1 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 04:21 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Snapture - Will not work.

Anyone else have this issue? Not only will it not work, but it's never worked. neither on my new 3G or my old 2G. All it does is launch and then within a few seconds crashes.

Anyone else with this issue find a fix?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Really? I had it on 1.14 iPhone 1st gen and now on my 3G. Works awesome! Did you install through Cydia?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:36 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
Really? I had it on 1.14 iPhone 1st gen and now on my 3G. Works awesome! Did you install through Cydia?
Tried installing through Cydia first and didn't work, uninstalled and tried again and the same. So I then installed it through installer and same issue there. I'm running 2.0.2. It brings up the initial information screen but crashes a few seconds after bringing it up. I got past the screen once or twice and then it almost instantly crashed.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 PM

The only other thing I can say it to SSH into your phone and check the folder permissions. The Snapture.app should be set to 755 and the actual program inside the .app (Snapture) should also be 755. Maybe the persmissions are not being set correctly.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:17 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 16 gig White 3G iPhone 2.0.1
Operating System: Unfortunately still WinVista

I would say that your permissions are not set correctly. You need to SSH in and change the permissions recursivly to 755

AT&T Locked
3G White Jailbroke 2.0.1
Old 09-05-2008, 08:49 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
The only other thing I can say it to SSH into your phone and check the folder permissions. The Snapture.app should be set to 755 and the actual program inside the .app (Snapture) should also be 755. Maybe the persmissions are not being set correctly.

Did this, manually set the permissions via SSH and still crashes

Last edited by KooLLaiD; 09-05-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:33 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0 8GB (2G)
Operating System: OSX

i am having the exact same problem.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.abdulhamid86 View Post
i am having the exact same problem.
Glad to know I'm not the only one, I know the SSH permissions correction didn't fix mine. Maybe you'll have better luck
Old 09-08-2008, 05:08 PM
What's Jailbreak?

well, i know no one wants to use this option...but, i restored my iphone. I think maybe i mis-hacked my iphone (probably changed too many file permissions or something). So, i started from scratch. And... it worked. So, i don't think the problem is with snapture, or it may be some incompatibility issues with other programs installed.

However, I reinstalled everything that was previously on my iphone before the restore, and snapture still works, so, it is probably the first reason (mis-hack, lol).
Old 09-08-2008, 07:34 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
well, i know no one wants to use this option...but, i restored my iphone. I think maybe i mis-hacked my iphone (probably changed too many file permissions or something). So, i started from scratch. And... it worked. So, i don't think the problem is with snapture, or it may be some incompatibility issues with other programs installed.

However, I reinstalled everything that was previously on my iphone before the restore, and snapture still works, so, it is probably the first reason (mis-hack, lol).

Every other app works fine for me, it's just this 1 that constantly crashes, the permissions are fine so I dunno. I know I'm not restoring though at this point. Thanks for the info though.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:28 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Tried a restore and re-install and still didn't work

Used Quickpwn as winpwn wouldn't work
Old 09-10-2008, 06:38 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KooLLaiD View Post
Tried a restore and re-install and still didn't work

Used Quickpwn as winpwn wouldn't work
?!?!?!

I pwned my iphone with Pwnage Tool 2.0. It creates a pwned restore file for iTunes to use, so that if/when you restore, you do not have to re-pwn.

So you successfully pwned your iPhone, then installed snapture, and it still didn't work? Was snapture the first thing you installed after pwning? What procedure did you use? [i.e. App Store from iPhone, App Store from iTunes, iTunes (cracked app) or SSH (cracked app)]
Old 09-11-2008, 01:38 PM
What's Jailbreak?

So I finally got it to work ONCE. I had to completely restore and NOT restore from any of my backups. If I restore from any of my backups it crashes. I did use bosstool to move ringtones/fonts/app at one time and it seems to have kept that move info, data, or whatever in the backups. Anyone have any suggestions? Can you undo the bosstool move?

Quote:
?!?!?!

I pwned my iphone with Pwnage Tool 2.0. It creates a pwned restore file for iTunes to use, so that if/when you restore, you do not have to re-pwn.

So you successfully pwned your iPhone, then installed snapture, and it still didn't work? Was snapture the first thing you installed after pwning? What procedure did you use? [i.e. App Store from iPhone, App Store from iTunes, iTunes (cracked app) or SSH (cracked app)]
It would only work after doing a full restore and not restoring from any previous backups. I restored, then pwnd and then installed Snapture only and it worked. I tried the same but after restore chose to restore from backup and tried it and it crashes.

Last edited by KooLLaiD; 09-11-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 PM

strange have you tired CameraPro. It essentially does the same thing as Snapture. Even has the same feature set, black and white, burst, and image size, with an additional TIFF capture feature.

Also, if you are using the "Addphoto" applcation, it can stuff up both snapture and Camerapro. I suggest creating a separate directory in the DCIM directory called 101APPLE. and moving all images into here. It seems both snapture and camerapro like clean directories everynow and then

Mazor
Old 09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazor View Post
strange have you tired CameraPro. It essentially does the same thing as Snapture. Even has the same feature set, black and white, burst, and image size, with an additional TIFF capture feature.

Also, if you are using the "Addphoto" applcation, it can stuff up both snapture and Camerapro. I suggest creating a separate directory in the DCIM directory called 101APPLE. and moving all images into here. It seems both snapture and camerapro like clean directories everynow and then

Mazor
I don't see Camerapro or Addphoto on either Cydia or Installer

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion