HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Owner / Founder - ModMyiFone

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.2 | 1.1.3
Operating System: OS X | XP | Sabayon
Thanked 7,507 Times in 239 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cash7c3 Send a message via MSN to cash7c3 Send a message via Yahoo to cash7c3
iPhones Really Will Be Everywhere. Coming to Latin America.

América Móvil has signed with Apple to bring the iPhone to Latin America bringing the iPhone to many more countries sometime soon.

Countries that América Móvil provides service to include:
  • Mexico
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Dominican Republic
  • Ecuador
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Jamaica
  • Nicaragua
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Puerto Rico
  • Uruguay

With the iPhone being sold all over the world and it being subsidized you'll no longer be unique by owning one. unless you mod it of course

[via macworld]
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cash7c3 For This Useful Post:
jls25 (05-08-2008), rotaryheadrx7 (05-09-2008)
Old 05-07-2008, 07:57 PM
What's Jailbreak?

jujuuu..... and i was wondering how to get the 3G on june and sell my 16gb iphone, sounds like great news to Colombia and Latinamerica. hope it doesnt come to expensive, the cellphones that the operators sell are pretty much expensive, at leaste prepaid ones..
Old 05-07-2008, 07:57 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I'm REALLY happy its not comming to Costa Rica, otherwise I would be broke heh....
Old 05-07-2008, 10:07 PM
What's Jailbreak?

lol....... Puerto Rico is not part of latin america ............& u can by iPhones there .....lol
Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod_15 View Post
lol....... Puerto Rico is not part of latin america ............& u can by iPhones there .....lol
Umm mate you are totally wrong eh matie! You lads are still part of Latin America cos you speak Spanish and English like Panama which is where I am currently living.

Panama and Puerto Rico are really special cos both Countries have an history with the US "gringos" and both countries have two languages as first languages which are Spanish and English and some Patois which is a mix of Dutch,French,English,and Spanish which its really common in the Carribean islands just like in the carribean side of Panama.

Btw I am glad they are not selling it here in Panama cos it would suck to see everyone with the same phone tho!

Cheers,eh!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Green Apple

Thank gawd I didn't wait for these people to bring anything to my neck of the woods. I bet the selling price will be twice the original one, as it usually happens around here.

BTW, maritimeswimmer's right, Puerto Rico is part of Latin America.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:17 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: 1 iPhone(8GB,1.1.4 FW),1 iPod Touch (16GB 1.1.4 firmware)
Operating System: MacOsx (Leopard)
Send a message via Yahoo to Apple iPie

WHY PERU? I dont get it....,who could by them in Ecuador?))
Old 05-08-2008, 04:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: itouch 1.1.4
Operating System: windows

thats pretty kew..but if random colombian had iphones...it will be like the biggest robbing/attack fest.. lol... IPHONES PARA $300...then once someone buys it and turns around the corner... BAM...lol
Old 05-08-2008, 11:29 PM
What's Jailbreak?

[quote=maritimeswimmer;949821]Umm mate you are totally wrong eh matie! You lads are still part of Latin America cos you speak Spanish and English like Panama which is where I am currently living.

Panama and Puerto Rico are really special cos both Countries have an history with the US "gringos" and both countries have two languages as first languages which are Spanish and English and some Patois which is a mix of Dutch,French,English,and Spanish which its really common in the Carribean islands just like in the carribean side of Panama.

Btw I am glad they are not selling it here in Panama cos it would suck to see everyone with the same phone tho!

Cheers,eh!!![/QUOT

nope we are not part of latin america just cause we all speak spanish ..........lol we are all considerd latin but still not the same very diferent histories ........so dont bother man ........not the same
Old 05-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimeswimmer View Post
Umm mate you are totally wrong eh matie! You lads are still part of Latin America cos you speak Spanish and English like Panama which is where I am currently living.

Cheers,eh!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southie View Post
Thank gawd I didn't wait for these people to bring anything to my neck of the woods. I bet the selling price will be twice the original one, as it usually happens around here.

BTW, maritimeswimmer's right, Puerto Rico is part of Latin America.

Eh you are BOTH wrong.

Puerto Rico is part of the United States. Puerto Ricans are natural born American citizens and use American currency (I know Panama uses American bills but for different reasons).

Puerto Rico also has members in the US Congress including senators.

The fact that Spanish and English are the main languages does not mean its not part of the US.

Patois is not spoken in PR either.

Puerto Rico is a Free Associated State.

Oh and the iPhone was not available in Puerto Rico through AT&T or Apple however the main provider here is AT&T.

Last edited by rotaryheadrx7 : 05-10-2008 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Correcting quotes
Old 05-09-2008, 11:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryheadrx7 View Post
Eh you are BOTH wrong.

Puerto Rico is part of the United States. Puerto Ricans are natural born American citizens and use American currency (I know Panama uses American bills but for different reasons).

The fact that Spanish and English are the main languages does not mean its not part of the US.

Oh and the iPhone was not available in Puerto Rico through AT&T or Apple however the main provider here is AT&T.

lol.........& where did i say we,r not a part of USA if u read what i said is that we r not a part of latin america ..**** ive lived most of my life in PR i know my history.......& i also didn't say At&t was the main provider ........so next time read before talking

Last edited by jrod_15 : 05-09-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod_15 View Post
lol.........& where did i say we,r not a part of USA if u read what i said is that we r not a part of latin america ..**** ive lived most of my life in PR i know my history.......& i also didn't say At&t was the main provider ........so next time read before talking
I apologize for not setting up the quotes correctly, my response wasn't directed at you. I guess thats why its important to verify those things.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:11 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
I apologize for not setting up the quotes correctly, my response wasn't directed at you. I guess thats why its important to verify those things.
no problem ........lol
Old 05-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Eh you are BOTH wrong.

I am not arguing this mate i am Canadian and Panamanian cos of my mom and thank God i am not American cos i am a damn proud Canuck.

btw patois is not spoken in PR but i did said they speak it here in Panama so please read first than making a comment eh!!!

btw Puerto Rico is Associated to the US but is still latin ok? got me there eh buddy? all PR heritage comes from SPanish descendants so dont come and say Porto riquenos arent latinos ok buddy? does the Reggeaton ring you the bell there eh? btw Reggeaton comes from Panama!!!

Cheers, eh!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:49 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimeswimmer View Post
I am not arguing this mate i am Canadian and Panamanian cos of my mom and thank God i am not American cos i am a damn proud Canuck.

btw patois is not spoken in PR but i did said they speak it here in Panama so please read first than making a comment eh!!!

btw Puerto Rico is Associated to the US but is still latin ok? got me there eh buddy? all PR heritage comes from SPanish descendants so dont come and say Porto riquenos arent latinos ok buddy? does the Reggeaton ring you the bell there eh? btw Reggeaton comes from Panama!!!

Cheers, eh!!!
I would wager that the majority of Americans in the USA have heritage in countries other than the USA, doesn't make the citizens any less part of the US. A Latin heritage doesn't mean Puerto Riquenos aren't part of the USA. Fact is PR is a free associated state subject to all Federal Laws and subject to all the benefits of being part of the USA.

At any rate this is an iPhone forum not a geography or history forum so I think we can leave it here.

Saludos from PR! I think its great that the iPhone will be reaching other countries and we can all enjoy!

Take care!

BTW PR pwns reggaeton!

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > News