HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
so let me get this straight!!! the iphone sdk won't allow turn by turn navigation? THEN WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF HAVING NAVIGATION IN FIRST PLACE, NEXT.....NO AUTO RE-ROUTING ALLOWED!!!!!!

APPLE'S 2ND GEN IPHONE CAN GO TO HELL!!!!
read my post a few above yours
Old 06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Send a message via AIM to billchase2

Quote:
so let me get this straight!!! the iphone sdk won't allow turn by turn navigation? THEN WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF HAVING NAVIGATION IN FIRST PLACE, NEXT.....NO AUTO RE-ROUTING ALLOWED!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Busta View Post
Probably this one

ah yes, good point. i'd forgotten about that.

Last edited by billchase2 : 06-11-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:15 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Great job guys

Last edited by Broomhead : 06-11-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8G 1.1.4 JB
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2, XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
When itunes came out there was a clause not to use it to make nuclear weapons
There was?!

Oh, crap -- I'd better starting cleaning some stuff up...

Old 06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Green Apple

Quote:

I agree with u! LOL
Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
It's most likely to keep Navngo out of business (they had their software ready months ago): GPS Software iGO 8 coming to iPhone
Old 06-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
TomTom already has iPhone navigation software ready to roll

Seems TomTom has been working hard getting an app for the app store ready, no word on when it will be available, but and I quote "We have tried, and it worked." "Our navigation system runs on the iPhone already"

Here's some sources for you:

TomTom already has iPhone navigation software ready to roll - Engadget

TomTom for iPhone GPS Review

TomTom says navigation app already runs on iPhone | Reuters
Apple has added a clause into their SDK license agreement that prohibits GPS applications such as TomTom.

“Applications may not be designed or marketed for real time route guidance; automatic or autonomous control of vehicles, aircraft, or other mechanical devices; dispatch or fleet management; or emergency or life-saving purposes.”

It is possible that Apple may be developing its own GPS application or it may be forming a deal with another company. Either way this may be bad news for TomTom who just announced they have developed an iPhone application!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

At this point, kinda hard to tell if it work or not
If it does that would be awesome so we dont have to buy a "real" navigator then
man ,im wodering how much would that be costed
Old 06-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorone View Post
Apple has added a clause into their SDK license agreement that prohibits GPS applications such as TomTom.

“Applications may not be designed or marketed for real time route guidance; automatic or autonomous control of vehicles, aircraft, or other mechanical devices; dispatch or fleet management; or emergency or life-saving purposes.”

It is possible that Apple may be developing its own GPS application or it may be forming a deal with another company. Either way this may be bad news for TomTom who just announced they have developed an iPhone application!
Take it as you will but Apple puts weird stuff in their clauses all the time, read some of them, for example: You cannot use itunes to creat nuclear weapons....thats just one example. Now Apple may have put that in because they struck a deal with TomTom and they will be the sole supplier. Sure we dont know for sure but i wouldnt put it past Apple to do that

Last edited by .:MirrorminD:. : 06-11-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard

It is very probable that Apple has made sole agreements with TomTom regarding GPS functionality, in an effort to make more money.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

ok guys i dug it up ill put in bold all the weird stuff. “APPLE COMPUTER, INC. / SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR iTUNES” revision: “EA0367 / Rev 9/7/06″

THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.

In no event shall Apple’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personalinjury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00).

**mirrormind note - so if for whatever reason itunes f*s up your pc, theyll give you $50

You may not use or otherwise export or reexport the Apple Software except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Apple Software was obtained.

**um isnt that imperialism

You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.

**wtf lmao

Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall 3Com be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor
or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.

*** I love the last item. 3Com is not liable for “fluctuations in air conditioning”. Good to know. And why this is in a license for Apple’s iTunes
Old 06-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 8GB 1.1.4 Unlocked
Operating System: WinXP Pro SP2

LOL the screenie they provided is very near where I live (not Ogden, the actual position on the screen).

Bought another one. Da** you Apple and your sexy hardware!!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:27 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Read the update from Engadgets post:

Update: Astute commenter Austin points out that these terms are copied almost word-for-word from the Google Maps API terms -- which means that TomTom and others are probably free to use their own maps to do real-time guidance.
Old Yesterday, 02:26 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 8gb 1.1.4
Operating System: a piece of crap connected to a screen

so mirrormind can u tell us how u tried the gps software and do u think it will be available on the original iphone. please clear it up

__________________________________________________ __________________________
the iphone is the best thing that has happened to me. sounds kinda sad if u think about it
Old Yesterday, 03:19 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.2-->1.1.4, jailbroken, O2 contract
Operating System: Windows Vista

What ever happened to the gomite loco gps device because this was done months ago but I have'nt seen it since.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News