HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08 | Discuss AppStore Apps!

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 01:27 AM
I Own This Place

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.4 | Unlocked
Operating System: OS X Leopard 10.5.2
Thanked 1,226 Times in 632 Posts
Two 3G iPhones Contest and Giveaway - and FREE Apple Gift Cards!

Contest closed! Results Thursday night.

Prizes (donated by NegriElectronics.com!) include:

- TWO 3G iPhones*, one for each of two top winners.
- $100 Apple gift card
- TWO $50 Apple gift cards

Alright, this starts the ModMyiFone.com 3G iPhone Giveaway, sponsored by NegriElectronics.com!

Its high time we started giving away some stuff to you guys, and we've come up with a nifty contest to do just that. We're calling it the App Review Contest.

You guys have seen our Native Apps section on ModMyiFone - we'd like to have every application on Installer and Cydia reviewed, and are in the process of refining our Native Apps review pages. There are hundreds of apps already listed, but hundreds more that we haven't covered!

That's where you come in. Submit a review of an iPhone app to us, and you could win one of two 3G iPhones*, a $100 Apple gift card, or one of two $50 Apple gift cards. The iPhone 3G comes out July 11th.

The user who submits the most qualified reviews wins a 3G iPhone*. The user who submits the second most reviews gets a $100 Apple gift card. Another 3G iPhone* will be given to a user selected at random from the entries - all you have to do is review at least one application and submit your review. The same is true for the $50 gift cards - just submit a review, and you're entered into the raffle for them!

Qualifying reviews meet these conditions:
  • Must have 2+ ORIGINAL screenshots of the app. I know there are screenshots of apps all over the web, but you MUST take the ones in your submissions. If you steal someone else's screenshot of an app (read - from another site), all your entries are instantly disqualified. We don't like thieves. You CAN use the DEVELOPERS screenshot if they have one on their site.
  • Must be ORIGINAL content. Same as above. Copy someone else's review of an app from some random website somehwere, all your entries are instantly disqualified. Again, we don't like thieves.
  • Must be grammatically not horrifying. Basic English, folks, come on. None of this l337 speak or "we r like the app much, it is good to play on iPhone". Speak correctly, please.
  • Must include developer's URL, and which Installer source the app is available on, or list none, if its not on one.
  • Must be minimum 2 paragraphs. Don't say "Yah, its like Battleship. I enjoy it." Give us some meat, folks, a couple paragraphs isn't tough.
  • Must be a review we don't have, or one from an app we have an ollllld version of. USE THE SEARCH ON MODMYIFONE.COM/NATIVEAPPS, FOLKS. If we already have the review, don't submit it again.

The reviews should be in a simple text document, with the screenshots in .png or .jpg format. Zip em up and email them to contest@modmyifone.com to submit! You'll get an email back within 24 hours saying your submission has been received.

ModMyiFone.com will accept entries to the App Review Contest from June 21st, 2008 until July 9th, 2008 at 11:59pm (EXTENDED!). All entries must be submitted via email to contest@modmyifone.com. Submissions via pm, IRC, other emails, IM, or wtvr else WILL NOT COUNT. Period. Entries must include your Name, City/State/Province, and a Valid Email Address. Entries missing these details will be disqualified. ModMyiFone.com is not responsible for lost, missing, or otherwise un-transmitted emails sent to the above address.

Below here.... the fine print.

As with any contest, all entries must be 100% unique. Plagiarizing, copying, stealing, or submitting work that's not your own will result in disqualification. Any evidence of copyright or trademark infringement will result in disqualification of ALL the offenders entries. This includes but is not limited to derivative works.

You can submit as many entries as you'd like, but please do us a favor and make sure they're quality entries. Trash entries are lame.

The contest is open to Registered Users of ModMyiFone.com, with the following exceptions:
  • Residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Burma/Myanmar, Zimbabwe, Ivory Coast, or The Democratic Republic of the Congo are ineligible to participate under United States Law.
  • Contest is void where prohibited by local, state, provincial, or government authorities, or elsewhere as prohibited by law.

No purchase necessary to enter.

Entries will be judged by ModMyiFone staff and admin. Do not enter if you cannot stand losing. Disparagement of the winners or their entry may result in adverse action (read - flame, ban).

*The contest is open to U.S. and International residents except as outlined above. In order to accommodate both US and international residents, including those where the iPhone 3g may not yet be available, ModMyiFone.com will provide 3G iPhone winners with the cash value of the base model 3G iPhone (at subsidized contracted rates) or $200, which ever is less. This will be in the form of either an Apple gift card or a pre-paid Visa card, whichever the winner prefers. Cell phone contracts and any other expenses above the U.S. Apple Store base purchase price will be the winners' sole responsibility.

All taxes and tariffs are the sole responsibility of the winner.

By submitting your contest entry, you agree that all art, photographs, digital media and private information that you submit are entirely yours at the time of submission. You further agree that these entries become the exclusive property of Modmy, LLC, and that you have not submitted, and will not submit such entries into any other contest without express written permission from an authorized agent of Modmy, LLC.

Associates, employees, principals or relatives of ModMyiFone are not eligible.

ModMyiFone reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of Colorado, to correct errors and/or omissions, to ensure fairness as determined by ModMyiFone, or for any other reason as deemed necessary by ModMyiFone.

Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms, and your waiver of any other rights related to such give-aways you may have in any jurisdiction.

Apple, iPhone, iPod, iTunes, Macintosh and the Apple logo are the property of Apple, Inc.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A B A [select] [start]
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to poetic_folly For This Useful Post:
NakedFaerie (Yesterday)
Old 06-21-2008, 01:31 AM
What's Jailbreak?

this sounds cool!!!! (first)
Old 06-21-2008, 01:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Great ideas guys, keep up the good work!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:37 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: Sold my iPhone to get the new one..
Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard, Windows XP
Send a message via AIM to lifesmymachine

crap... I wish I wouldnt have sold my iphone
Old 06-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Mod of the year 2008

Device + Firmware: Soon to be an iPhone 3G
Operating System: XP, and OS X that WILL boot :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
Associates, employees, principals or relatives of ModMyiFone are not eligible.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:39 AM
I Own This Place

You don't need an iPhone to win! Just submit a review... use an iTouch, or you can use the developer's screenshot from their site if they have one.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:52 AM
Green Apple

Send a message via AIM to bluaeon Send a message via Yahoo to bluaeon

w00t w00t! good luck everyone whoever enters the contest!

oh yeah, question... when u say native apps... ANY native apps we choose is OK right? even though on the contact is someone else other than MMI, or should it only be MMI's apps?

Last edited by bluaeon; 06-21-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:55 AM

Device + Firmware: Sold my iPhone to get the new one..
Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard, Windows XP
Send a message via AIM to lifesmymachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
You don't need an iPhone to win! Just submit a review... use an iTouch, or you can use the developer's screenshot from their site if they have one.
oooh thanks PF, looks like I will be spending some time reviewing some of the many apps I had on my good ol' phone.
Awesome contest idea and a great way to strengthen the site.

I love how the other day in another thread you said you had something better coming. Well this is definitely better! Thanks for having the best iphone community around!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: iPhone/8gb/1.1.4
Operating System: OS X Leopard
Send a message via Skype? to JedixJarf

I will be happy to take an iPhone 3G off your hands pf.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:05 AM
I Own This Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluaeon View Post
oh yeah, question... when u say native apps... ANY native apps we choose is OK right? even though on the contact is someone else other than MMI, or should it only be MMI's apps?
The more, the merrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
I will be happy to take an iPhone 3G off your hands pf.
I'll be happy to read those reviews.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:58 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: iPhone/8gb/1.1.4
Operating System: OS X Leopard
Send a message via Skype? to JedixJarf

Then reviews you shall read, writing the first one right now....Well, installing a screenshot app first.

Review submitted.

Last edited by JedixJarf; 06-21-2008 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Jeffy the Moderator

Device + Firmware: iphone 8g 1.1.4
Operating System: windows xp pro
Send a message via Yahoo to iphonejeff

good luck guys!!

i'm what you call...experienced...
Old 06-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Green Apple

damn I'm 16
Old 06-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch
Operating System: XPSP2

I'm Syrian. Does that mean I can't apply?

That's pure racism. I personally expected better from the moderators of this place.

/start cash rant:

We don't make U.S. Law, but being a U.S. based company we must abide by U.S. Law. I'm sorry that you live in Syria. I'm sorry U.S. law prevents us from allowing your participation in this contest. I am not sorry that you appear to be mostly a moron that likes to flame because of your personal issues with laws. Maybe this is why U.S. Law doesn't allow the participation of Syrians . . . (btw yes I know thats not the reason Syrians are not allowed to participate in such contests under U.S. Law )

/end cash rant

Last edited by cash7c3; 06-23-2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: sigh fun games all day long
Old 06-21-2008, 07:42 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: XP AND NOW MAC!!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA i already started to write a few, because i saw your job openings

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News