HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08 | Discuss AppStore Apps!

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

AT&T Has updated their page with prices for 3G Iphone.

Well just as the title suggest, over at AT&Ts website they have listed the set of prices for the iphone.

New customers and those eligible for an upgrade will be able to purchase the phone for $199 (8GB) or $299 (16GB), while "early upgraders" will have to shell out $399 or $499, all with a two year contract and $18 upgrade fee. They also mention a "no commitment" deal later on in the year of $599 and $699 respectively.

iPhone 3G, Exclusively from AT&T and Apple - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
Old 07-01-2008, 08:30 AM
What's Jailbreak?

first, but on a topic bearing terrible news!

This means a lot of guys aren't gonna get that good price.

I just checked my account and it looks like with a 2 year contract, I'm eligible (I got my iPhone on the first day).

Last edited by Vince; 07-01-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:31 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 1.1.4 Jailbroken
Operating System: Happily Running Windows Vista!
Send a message via AIM to MgNate

Well, glad this info is out. I'll have to figure out if I'm gonna take my iPhone off my family plan now...

I'll be waiting outside on July 10th for mine!

Question:
So what makes one qualify as an "Early Upgrader"?

2.0 1st Gen iPhone
-Windows Vista User, SwirlyMMS on AT&T w00t!
NEED HELP? PM me or send me a message on aim anytime! :-)

Last edited by MgNate; 07-01-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Green Apple

All I wanna know is if I upgrade to the 3G iPhone without any commitment will I still be able to use my old sim card and plan? If not, I'll find a way to get my hands on one and unlock it! Can anybody confirm that. Heck, my monthly bill will always a little under $70 bucks and that was with tax too! *cough* stupid at&t
Old 07-01-2008, 08:52 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I checked my account and it says:

"This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment"

gonna have to pay 399 i guess - no cheap upgrade....frick that sucks

Last edited by smo84; 07-01-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

I just checked my account online and it says im eligible for an upgrade as well. So it does look like all current iphone owners can get the upgrade at the reduced price
Old 07-01-2008, 09:06 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: 2.0 8GB iPhone
Operating System: OS X 10.5.1
Send a message via AIM to billchase2

this is what i've got:

"This line is eligible for reduced equipment pricing when you sign up for a new 2-year service agreement. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment."

not sure if that means i get the discount or not... either way, i'm not upgrading right away. it doesn't really seem worth the money at this point.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Green Apple

Hmm I dunno about this. Have a prepaid so I could just signup for an account. I like my bill way it is though We'll see...
Old 07-01-2008, 09:21 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I'm sticking with my 2G iPhone. Thanks AT&T you made the decision pretty easy.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 Jailbroken / 3G 16gig White
Operating System: Windows Vista

I believe all current iPhone users are eligible for the 199 and 299 price. Pretty much you have to be. The company didn't subsidize the cost for the 1st gen phone, everyone that has one bought it at full price. Thats why your eligible for an upgrade, cause you bought your last phone at full price. You would have been eligible for a phone from them the day you left the store with your first gen phone, cause you bought it at full price.

Now, if you get the 3G and pay 199 or 299, and 6 months later want to upgrade, then they can tell you no and charge you an early upgrader price, cause they paid a portion of the phone your using.

So, unless they want to cause a riot, all current iphone users who paid full price for their phone should get the new one at 199 and 299.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:44 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Mms?

Any word on if we will be getting MMS? It seems that other carriers in other countries are getting it. What about us (AT&T)?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
I believe all current iPhone users are eligible for the 199 and 299 price. Pretty much you have to be. The company didn't subsidize the cost for the 1st gen phone, everyone that has one bought it at full price. Thats why your eligible for an upgrade, cause you bought your last phone at full price. You would have been eligible for a phone from them the day you left the store with your first gen phone, cause you bought it at full price.

Now, if you get the 3G and pay 199 or 299, and 6 months later want to upgrade, then they can tell you no and charge you an early upgrader price, cause they paid a portion of the phone your using.

So, unless they want to cause a riot, all current iphone users who paid full price for their phone should get the new one at 199 and 299.
Phoneline is correct. All current iphone owners are automatically eligible for the discounted pricing. Enjoy.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:49 AM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 (PWNED)
Operating System: Leopard / XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2082 View Post
Any word on if we will be getting MMS? It seems that other carriers in other countries are getting it. What about us (AT&T)?
The 2.0 firmware does not support MMS. It doesn't matter what country you're in.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:56 AM
What's Jailbreak?

That's lame. I'm not eligible for another 10 months.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:57 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 Jailbroken / 3G 16gig White
Operating System: Windows Vista

However, just like Swirley, someone could make an App for the App store for MMS.

If so, then people could have a legitimate reason to ask AT&T to add mms to their accounts.

Its been proved its possible with Swirley, so unless Apple just denies any apps which would send/recieve mms from going on the app store, I think its just a matter of time.

Though I would not put it past them to say thanks but no thanks to anyone who creates such an application. It stinks when a company won't let you spend your money when you want too.

Last edited by PhoneLine; 07-01-2008 at 10:00 AM.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News