Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

AT&T Posts Even MORE iPhone3G Information

• 07-01-2008 | 04:30 PM
  • DoerrFan's Avatar DoerrFan Posts: 1,606
  • Here is a bunch of information you can get by reading AT&T's Site.

To sum up.

There WILL Be a No Commitment iPhone price: $599 and $699.
    iPhone 2.0 Will Drop July 11, no early release.
    If your not upgrade eligible its $399 and $499.
    $18 Upgrade Fee.
  • 07-01-2008 | 04:41 PM
  • the sr5's Avatar the sr5 Posts: 179
  • Now im upset....

Edit: Never mind im eligible for the upgrade See you all at the Apple store

Last edited by the sr5; 07-01-2008 at 04:43 PM.
  • 07-01-2008 | 04:52 PM
  • crizzle09 Posts: 32
  • Despite AT&T releasing all this information I know that when I'm getting my 3g iPhone the one customer in front of me is going to be extremely ignorant regarding the plans, activation costs etc. and it's going to end up taking way too long but at least it's only 199. see ya'll at the apple store.

P.S. to anyone living in Austin, Texas, what store are you going to?
  • 07-01-2008 | 05:23 PM
  • starfreak Posts: 16
  • i'd really like 3G but 3 things in my way

1-im in argentina and the 3G is gonna be the first iPhone there, instead for us it's the second Version.
    2-They probably won't offer the upgrade from mine, (old) to the new 3G.
    3-everything here cost more, 32gb ipod touch is 3000pesos which is 1000$$dollars so im skrewed@!@!@

lol at Doerrfans image thing i zoomed and it said "zeal has no friends befriend him"

Last edited by starfreak; 07-01-2008 at 05:27 PM.
  • 07-01-2008 | 05:39 PM
  • damien6 Posts: 40
  • $199....which is rs. 8000 in india....which is actually great value for money looking at what all the phone offers...just as a point of reference...the n95 is for rs. 24,000 which is about $500...dunno why anybody would buy that....
    anyway...im looking forward to this....
    im gonna keep my old iphone as back up....
    sup all u pretty rich girly types....!!!!!
  • 07-01-2008 | 05:48 PM
  • dustintinsley Posts: 9
  • how can we determine if we are avilable to do the $199/299 upgrade?
  • 07-01-2008 | 06:53 PM
  • ajrulez Posts: 181
  • Quote de damien6
    $199....which is rs. 8000 in india....which is actually great value for money looking at what all the phone offers...just as a point of reference...the n95 is for rs. 24,000 which is about $500...dunno why anybody would buy that....
    anyway...im looking forward to this....
    im gonna keep my old iphone as back up....
    sup all u pretty rich girly types....!!!!!
    And who told you that Apple will sell it for the same price in India that it would in US? Traditionally, when it comes to electronics, you can't just convert currencies and come to a price. And in US $199 price is for upgrade eligible AT&T customer and they'll have to renew their contract for another 2 years.

I don't think India has the concept of carrier contracts, so you never know what the ultimate price will come out to be. Price without a contract in US is $599 so you might want to convert that in local currency.
  • 07-01-2008 | 07:29 PM
  • u should find out about what ur saying before u say it....india has had carrier phones for about 10 years now....
    they sell the blackberry here in case u didnt know...(cdma)
    and also (this you wouldnt know....) vodafone is bringing the iphone to india n as far as i know so is airtel....i already booked my phone with vodafone....
    also...i bought my current iphone for rs. 25,000 which is $500. the iphone is mighty popular here....i think a lotta people would buy it even if it was for $599....makes it that much more exclusive....
    india isnt as bad as u might think....
    also....as far as i know....electronics prices in india are amongst the cheapest in the world....it has the biggest market in asia....and its the second largest consumer of mobile phones and related services after china....so apple would be stupid to sell the phone at more than what they are selling it at everywhere else....either way....if they do sell the phone at $599, the grey market here would offer the phone at much cheaper rates....so id just buy that one....
    (eat my shorts)

Last edited by damien6; 07-01-2008 at 07:38 PM.
  • 07-01-2008 | 07:41 PM
  • minhduong1990 Posts: 35
  • hey guys.. "the new update" does this means you can keep your old iphone... and get a brand new 3G iphone for 199/299? ... the other word... you will have 2 iphone " 1: original Iphone and 2: 3g iphone...... " this sounds like a nooob but it 's making me worry"
  • 07-01-2008 | 07:59 PM
  • jibaro3 Posts: 17
  • if apple said the new phone will be 199 and 299 the price can not change even if you upgrade. this is what Steve said:
    In the US the new iPhone 3G is priced at a stunning $199 for the 8GB model, and just $299 for the 16GB model. iPhone 3G will be available in more than 70 countries later this year, beginning with customer availability in 22 countries—Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the US—on July 11.
    It does not said the upgrade price is $199 or $299 if you qualified. So AT&T is a rep-off. is there no way the price will change
  • 07-01-2008 | 08:05 PM
  • yeah i totally agree....plus the prices that AT&T has announced would be applicable to the us only...or to whichever countries have AT&T....
    the other countries would have different plans and prices....taking into consideration local laws n taxes....
    so i dont think it would differ from the $199 and $299 mark too much....even in the us....
    all we can do is wait n see...n be hopeful
  • 07-01-2008 | 08:36 PM
  • ajrulez Posts: 181
  • Quote de damien6
    u should find out about what ur saying before u say it....india has had carrier phones for about 10 years now....
    they sell the blackberry here in case u didnt know...(cdma)
    and also (this you wouldnt know....) vodafone is bringing the iphone to india n as far as i know so is airtel....i already booked my phone with vodafone....
    also...i bought my current iphone for rs. 25,000 which is $500. the iphone is mighty popular here....i think a lotta people would buy it even if it was for $599....makes it that much more exclusive....
    india isnt as bad as u might think....
    also....as far as i know....electronics prices in india are amongst the cheapest in the world....it has the biggest market in asia....and its the second largest consumer of mobile phones and related services after china....so apple would be stupid to sell the phone at more than what they are selling it at everywhere else....either way....if they do sell the phone at $599, the grey market here would offer the phone at much cheaper rates....so id just buy that one....
    (eat my shorts)
    Dude...when did I say India is bad? I know that India is far ahead in mobile technology, especially handsets when compared to US. majority of Americans (not counting people on MMi) don't even know what N-series and E-series is

And I also know people buy handsets like crazy in India I myself have sold close to 7 iPhones for $500 a pop (bought it for usual $400 from Apple)....so there's no doubt in my mind that Indian people will buy it no matter the price. I know about different carriers world wide since I have been a mobile software developer for the last 5 years...Airtel, iDea, Hutch\Vodafone, Reliance, NTT DoCoMo, O2, Orange, ViVo...I am pretty familiar with each of them.

I also know India has carrier phones, but usually people don't buy phones with 2-year contracts in India. They are more used to buying diff handsets every 3-4 mnths.

All I said was that the price may not be equivalent to $199 in all other countries, including India. The price maybe more or even less depending on the market. Just chill!

This could be a rumour, and you definitely know better since you already booked a 3G iPhone, but I just heard from a friend that iPhone is priced between INR 18,500 to INR 21,000 in India (8GB). Like I said, it very well could be a rumour.

Couple of links for my friend from India - others may feel free to read if they are interested

BlogoWogo - The Blog Network | iPhone price in India : 10K, 15K or 21K?

and

Vodafone Confirms Iphone Prices for India | Fone Arena - The Mobile Weblog

First link is more recent, 2nd link I guess is just speculative!

Last edited by ajrulez; 07-01-2008 at 08:39 PM.
  • 07-01-2008 | 08:38 PM
  • exclamation Posts: 14
  • so I'm confused. I have an iPhone now, and since they only came out a year ago my contract isn't up for another year. So does that mean I am not eligible to upgrade for another year and therefore have to pay full price? Or does this upgrade-too-soon-thing-pay-more exclude current iPhone users?
Return to Top