The Apple Logo Glow Mod - How it's Done

• 08-18-2008 | 04:48 AM
  • davkav Posts: 8
  • Quote de TahBOSS
    1st
    you out and out loser!
  • 08-18-2008 | 05:58 AM
  • ASar08 Posts: 80
  • I bought one of those mirrored screen protectors because I thought it would look cool. Put it on, used it for about 5 minutes and took it off again. It made it too hard to see the screen if you weren't looking at it straight on!
  • 08-18-2008 | 06:48 AM
  • pingywon Posts: 71
  • someone should build a kit for this...im sure they would sell like hot cakes
  • 08-18-2008 | 06:54 AM
  • tudtran Posts: 5
  • That's cool.
  • 08-18-2008 | 07:05 AM
  • Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar Napoleon_PhoneApart Posts: 840
  • Quote de TahBOSS
    1st
    Self-esteem issues?
  • 08-18-2008 | 08:50 AM
  • billchase2's Avatar billchase2 Posts: 768
  • okay, as cheesy as this is... i love it! if i was more of a hardware guy, i'd totally give it a shot. it does seem a bit too bright though. but whatever, it's cool. haha
  • 08-18-2008 | 10:07 AM
  • dssdude Posts: 6
  • This is so tacky, so kitsch !

What's next ? Gold plated backcover ?

Well, it's true !! Just check it at goldstriker.co.uk

• 08-18-2008 | 10:13 AM
  • A.T Posts: 85
  • I want one NOW!!

It's actually pretty cool seeing as it could also double up as a flash for the camera and a torch, instead of relying on the screen brightness.

Hope the put it into production and with different colours.

At the above post with the gold iPhone. I want that as well, looks well nice.
  • 08-18-2008 | 11:47 AM
  • Xtremeiphone Posts: 34
  • awesome ! i am going to try this out once i find some material and a backup iphone, LOL
  • 08-18-2008 | 01:02 PM
  • tattoojack's Avatar tattoojack Posts: 334
  • Quote de TahBOSS
    1st

great post.
    (curses under breath)
    really informative.

now so i dont get flamed for lack of input.

I WOULD NEVER OPEN MY PHONE.
    this guys has balls.

i wish i had the nerve to try stuff like this with my iphone, but i love it so much just the way it is.
    plus i would never forgive myself if i broke my phone.
  • 08-18-2008 | 04:54 PM
  • pepehdes Posts: 1
  • I really like this mod, but I thought about using a backlight from a cheap watch (those indigo ones) instead of LEDs, they are circular and just a little bit bigger that the apple logo, very thin and don't draw too much power, I'm gonna try this and let you know how it goes. You can find this watches on ebay at around 3 bucks including shipping.
  • 08-18-2008 | 07:26 PM
  • imode Posts: 272
  • Quote de tattoojack

great post.
    (curses under breath)
    really informative.

now so i dont get flamed for lack of input.

I WOULD NEVER OPEN MY PHONE.
    this guys has balls.

i wish i had the nerve to try stuff like this with my iphone, but i love it so much just the way it is.
    plus i would never forgive myself if i broke my phone.
    I hear you! The "I'm 1st" posts piss me off to no end. It's worse that the "I didn't bother to read anything so I'll ask the same question again for the 1000th time"

Anyway, really cool mod to be honest. I just bought a 3G so I was thinking of trying the mod with a tri-colour LED on my old phone. Since iPhones are no longer unique in Aus it's time to be different...
  • 08-18-2008 | 09:26 PM
  • Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar Happy Noodle Boy Posts: 691
  • I would annoy the hell out of people with this. Oh man, using this on a movie theater right before the movie starts would rock.
  • 08-18-2008 | 10:04 PM
  • ronfin44 Posts: 115
  • Quote de TahBOSS
    1st

Are you 12? What is the point of adding this crap. This isn't eBaums, or some other idiot forum where little kids waste thread space by posting this $hit.

Mods, can we start temp banning these individuals and put a stop to this ridiculous, and childish act?

Lets make these "1st" posts into their "LAST" posts. Thank you.
Return to Top