Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

The Apple Logo Glow Mod - How it's Done

• 08-18-2008 | 11:04 PM
  • tyfly867 Posts: 248
  • What better way to pair our iPhone with your apple laptop.
  • 08-18-2008 | 11:48 PM
  • big poops Posts: 5
  • can anyone tell me how to open the back housing cover of the iPhone... I have an extra 1st gen. I'm gonna replace the old silver with a black one from eBay, then I want to put that light on the back! But I have am idea... I'm gonna cut out color tinted film paper (in the shape of the apple logo) to give the owner a bit more choices on color! I'm gonna sell that sh¡t on eBay
  • 08-18-2008 | 11:53 PM
  • iphone925 Posts: 20
  • i think its gonna be bad for our battery its gonna drain our battery quicker.
  • 08-19-2008 | 12:31 AM
  • big poops Posts: 5
  • LEDs don't hardly waste any power, it's not even noticable. And they never burn out
  • 08-19-2008 | 02:34 AM
  • pin0yizm Posts: 2
  • i would so pay someone to do that for me
  • 08-19-2008 | 05:27 AM
  • stezza333 Posts: 21
  • Hey that was my idea

iphone-5mp-camera-what-would-look-like.

Quote de stezza333
    If the iPhone had a 5MP camera it will kill its competitors in my opinion. I would not hesitate to buy an iPhone with that sort of camera. This should be the next thing Apple should put on their list to "tick" off. What are your thoughts? Possible to be in 3rd gen iPhone 2009?

Apple logo doubles as flash
    Quote de stezza333
    The apple logo could also glow when the front screen is lit up, just like the macbook. That would be sweet.

• 08-19-2008 | 09:59 AM
  • loocfa Posts: 102
  • Quote de stezza333
    seeing as you are living in fantasy land, you may as well add a few extra mega pixels to your 5,
    cant believe apple would even put out a product with such a crappy camera.
    phones in Europe have had 5mp cameras for ages now,(years!!)
    get with the programme apple,
    3g should have had a camera upgrade fo sizzle.
    apple ment to be about quality, and awesome graphic etc etc,
    this is very unapple
    up the mp's and add a decent lens apple, dame.
  • 08-19-2008 | 10:20 AM
  • tattoojack's Avatar tattoojack Posts: 334
  • Quote de ronfin44

Are you 12? What is the point of adding this crap. This isn't eBaums, or some other idiot forum where little kids waste thread space by posting this .

Mods, can we start temp banning these individuals and put a stop to this ridiculous, and childish act?

Lets make these "1st" posts into their "LAST" posts. Thank you.

word!
  • 08-19-2008 | 06:40 PM
  • tonycruz Posts: 2
  • You can get the protective mirror screen on ebay...just do a search...i got one there.
  • 08-20-2008 | 03:21 PM
  • beaner4sho Posts: 65
  • Quote de mattylee
    If that's as bright as a previous poster said, couldn't this be used as a flash? Or somehow modded into a flash?

yes that would be badass, great idea!! it should be modded to become a flash when u take a photo!!!!

Last edited by beaner4sho; 08-20-2008 at 03:31 PM.
  • 08-20-2008 | 07:34 PM
  • tdub Posts: 28
  • Why couldn't someone mod like a protective case with dock inside the case to provide power to a flash thats built into the case ie like a apple logo or just a flash. That would be the **** ! Like the many selections of cases to protect the back of your iphone , this one would also provide a flash and you wouldnt have to tear apart your phone.
  • 08-22-2008 | 06:21 PM
  • btung Posts: 8
  • I did this Apple logo thing some while ago. it took me 2 days to complete. Speaking of modding, i'm guessing that i am the first person to have a Quad Core MacBook? no one else has posted anything about that. hehe. The Apple Genius bar guy was so confused when i called someone @ the Apple Store. he said "HOLY SH*T YOUR IPHONE HAZ BRIGHT LIGHTS!!" iWill never forget that moment...
  • 08-22-2008 | 08:45 PM
  • Apple Freak Posts: 2
  • Quote de btung
    I did this Apple logo thing some while ago. it took me 2 days to complete. Speaking of modding, i'm guessing that i am the first person to have a Quad Core MacBook? no one else has posted anything about that. hehe. The Apple Genius bar guy was so confused when i called someone @ the Apple Store. he said "HOLY SH*T YOUR IPHONE HAZ BRIGHT LIGHTS!!" iWill never forget that moment...
    Holy cow! Quad Core MacBook? Could you give me a draft of how to do it?
  • 08-22-2008 | 09:20 PM
  • Muggz5 Posts: 253
  • Well you could pick a color instead of white.... OR you could build a slide case (pick a color, i happen to like my black one) and dremmel out any design/hole or a simple apple logo sized hole then make changable lens covers. You could get even get into silhouette graphics etc (like stensils) do it that way too! I find this more and more interesting, think of the awesome possibilities this has.

Last edited by Muggz5; 08-22-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Return to Top