Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Pwnage Tool 2.0.3 Released Firmware 2.0.2 Functionality Added

• 08-26-2008 | 03:46 PM
  • oscar25's Avatar oscar25 Posts: 53
  • Quote de justdan0227
    I created a custom firmware, yes, expert mode with a new logo, and 2 applications. Restored using the custom firmware, it then did the bootloaded flash (which I didn't want). It then tried to restore from backup of applications and settings and failed, so I then synced and had it put all my app store apps back.

Is that what you're asking?

Dan
    Yes it is what I am asking. I think you need to set it up as a new phone and not restore from back up.
  • 08-26-2008 | 04:24 PM
  • imode Posts: 276
  • Quote de baadshah12
    i need custom firmware, which is not here, only mac users can make it.
    I've replied to you in 2 different threads that YOU DO NOT need a Mac to make custom firmware. Until winpwn 2.5 is released, just use the current version of winpwn to create a 2.0.1 custom firmware, upgrade via iTunes, then use quickpwn to rejailbreak.

You've never exactly said why you need this custom firmware so badly. There are currently several ways to unlock/jailbreak a 2G iPhone using a PC.
  • 08-26-2008 | 04:53 PM
  • YellowCopy Posts: 7
  • NEW QUESTION ** WooT

3g iPhone; if one elects to wait for winpwn and DOES NOT upgrade the baseband, will the stock baseband still recieve reception improvements? I would assume that the better reception is tied into the baseband update and that is the only part of 2.0.2 that intrests me in the slightest, however I would rather hear it from someone that knows instead of my guess.

Thank you!
  • 08-26-2008 | 06:51 PM
  • jtesnani Posts: 746
  • not sure what the problem is, but have made 2 custom 2.0.2 already with pwnage 2.0.3.1, definitely unchecked the activate option and every time after the phone restores with the custom firmware, itunes won't recognize it and the phone stays at the unactivate/slide for emergency screen...

any idea on what may be the problem? thanks in advance
  • 08-26-2008 | 06:55 PM
  • JP101 Posts: 26
  • Okay, I pwned my iPhone earlier. Everything went fine. WiFi works great. No issues with mail. In fact, I have yet to see a problem. Even the GPS finds me great. I'm not sure why you are unchecking activate phone (unless its strictly something that only people who want to unlock the phone have to do), but i didn't uncheck it and everything worked fine.
  • 08-26-2008 | 06:58 PM
  • jtesnani Posts: 746
  • ah i forgot to mention that i have the 3g with ATT and you're supposed to uncheck activate if you're on a legit iphone plan with a supported provider
  • 08-26-2008 | 07:04 PM
  • imode Posts: 276
  • Quote de Eurisko
    Same thing happened to me the first time, and yes, if you leave the Active Phone unchecked you'll be fine.

Can anyone tell me why Pwnage doesn't recognize a PNG as a PNG? No matter what format I save the thing in (PNG-8, PNG-24, Interlaced, not, etc) Pwnage always says "this doesn't appear to be a proper PNG". What the hell is a proper PNG?
    I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that the dimensions have to match as well. Can't be larger than 120x120 or something like that. Sorry I can't be more specific but I think it was in one of the readme's that came with pwnagetool
  • 08-26-2008 | 07:38 PM
  • flrdotcom Posts: 112
  • delete post please.
  • 08-26-2008 | 07:58 PM
  • serpent944 Posts: 2
  • Quote de czarnachmura28
    can You be more specific ?

the NEW update its on !!
    I'm not sure if 2.0.3.1 solved all the problems? but last night once i built my custom FW none of mt passwords would work......e-mail, wifi, voicemail. so i ssh'd into the phone using cyberduck changed permissions on keychain folder to 777 and everything working fine. If this was the only problem w/2.0.3, then i'm not gonna spend another 2-3 hours to re-JB my phone and then restore.
  • 08-26-2008 | 09:04 PM
  • Kariya9mdoa Posts: 46
  • Has anybody come across this?

I tried to update a 2.0 phone on the train yesterday and it said i needed an internet connection. By the way this is a new 3G phone and it hasn't been PWND or jailbroken.

I have all the firmware from 114 up and i have done my mates 2nd gen on the train as well.

I couldn't put it into DFU mode or Restore mode when i did itunes popped up with iTunes needs a internet connection to contact the server Blah blah blah.

Does anyone know why this happened?

I even tried to put my PWND iphone into DFU and restore mode and it came up with the same error and it has never done that before i have always been able to restore it with out a internet connection.

It wouldn't even let me browse to the firmware because after this error the iphone dissapears off iTunes.

Could it be the new 3G that needs to verify the software before it allows the iphone to be restored.

Thankyou in advance

HappyModding
  • 08-26-2008 | 09:37 PM
  • mdwsta4 Posts: 52
  • seeing as pwning 1.1.4 to 2.0 bricked my last iphone (thank you apple for replacing it!), i was extremely hesitant to try this again. i was hoping ziphone would come out with a new version which i had used in the past, but things aren't looking good on that front.
    i'm an ATT customer, on an iphone contract from when they first came out, so i don't need it unlocked, but it's nice to have it that way. the app store actually took care of most jailbroken apps i had originally. i did, however, really miss mobilescrobbler, my custom carrier icon, and my custom theme.

nice to have all that back

this time around i upgraded from 2.0 to 2.0.2, the used pwnage 2.0.3 and everything worked fine on my mac.

i do have a question tho.... does anyone know how to make icon names not appear in the dock only? so far i much prefer summerboard over winterboard.
  • 08-26-2008 | 10:01 PM
  • Simer03 Posts: 5
  • i need help.......i downloaded the 2.0.3 pwnage tool, and i downloaded the 2.0.2 restore ipsw, btw, i have iphone 2G, and so, i clicked on the Iphone on pwnage, and it detects the 2.0 restore and the 2.0.1 restore, but not the 2.0.2, so i browsed for it, i double clicked it, and it said "wrong firmware bundle chosen" and so, idk what to do......HELP! THIS IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING!
  • 08-26-2008 | 10:19 PM
  • TASolberg Posts: 7
  • When I used the 2.0.3.1 for mac It fried my sim card and I had to get a new one. So I made a video about it. So make sure people know to TAKE THEIR SIM CARDS OUT before doing this

YouTube - Download PwnageTool 2.0.3.1
  • 08-26-2008 | 10:56 PM
  • Jonatan Torres Posts: 1
  • Does anyone have an idea when Bootneutor will be up and running on the pwnage tool or if theres a 3G unlocker to use t-mobile yet? thank you.
  • 08-26-2008 | 11:40 PM
  • djrbx Posts: 21
  • Quote de TASolberg
    When I used the 2.0.3.1 for mac It fried my sim card and I had to get a new one. So I made a video about it. So make sure people know to TAKE THEIR SIM CARDS OUT before doing this

YouTube - Download PwnageTool 2.0.3.1
    What did you do to fry your sim? I wasn't anything from pwnage. Many have pwnd their phones without having this problem. It was probably a faulty phone or you did something wrong on your end.
Return to Top