HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 05:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theliksta View Post
ive got appsuport on my mac desktop but then everything you are saying makes no sense to me.

Im really sorry but ive opened cyberduck on my mac,then what next? up until appsupport and opening cyberduck is simple but then after that the instruction isnt clear whether i connect the phone via usb to the mac or just go through to find stuff on the phone.the jump from having appsuport open on my mac(which ive done,as i have cyberduck) to going to the next step is very confusing!

im not ignorant and easily jailbreaked my phone and have installer etc on my working phone,but the steps after opening the appsupport box and cyberduck arent clear to me at all!

Please help
I honest think that this hack (one of the most need for non +1 msisdn owners) need a picture hand holding guide. .

Cyberduck is easy to use. If you unlocked your phone using the guide from this site then the steps to connect to your iphone (via cyberduck) are identical.

There is an assumption in the tutorial that your iphone CAN connect to your local network and that you have already done this (i.e. allowed the iphone to connect to your network and that it now has an IP on your network. See previous parts to the tutorial for more info).

Basically follow this TO THE LETTER:
http://modmyiphone.com/wiki/index.ph...ck_OS_X_Part_4

Follow to the part that states:
"Now, open up /usr/libexec, and drag the lockdownd file you downloaded in the beginning of this part of the tutorial into it."

DO NOT DO THE PART ABOVE!!!!

You should see in cyberduck the same file structure as in the diagram below the statement above.

now double click on the folder:
System

Then double click on the folder: Library

then the same with: Frameworks
then: AppSupport.framework

You should see the file AppSupport in there. Follow the instructions I gave before and you should be alright.

NOTE if you DID NOT use the guide here to unlock your phone OR you do not have a MAC then you'll need to find another way to do this as I can only give advise about my experiences.

I really hope that helps

as if you do not know what to do with cyberduck you probably will end up breaking your iphone.

Last edited by xover : 10-07-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:49 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I'm down under as well and this was really bugging me, thanks so much, I was very close to adding all the numbers twice! Well done!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:03 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Xover,Brilliant!!

Thankyou very much old boy! It wasnt very clear in the original thread so thanks for making it clear.It was the only thing missing from my phone and as i used the Erica Sadun method to unlock and jailbreak the phone it was straightforward but not so without you adding the last section.

Many thanks.

Tomorrow i'm going to add a simple guide step by step for dummies on how to do this!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Owner / Founder - ModMyiFone

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.2 | 1.1.3
Operating System: OS X | XP | Sabayon
Thanked 7,514 Times in 239 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cash7c3 Send a message via MSN to cash7c3 Send a message via Yahoo to cash7c3

Quote:
Originally Posted by theliksta View Post
Xover,Brilliant!!

Thankyou very much old boy! It wasnt very clear in the original thread so thanks for making it clear.It was the only thing missing from my phone and as i used the Erica Sadun method to unlock and jailbreak the phone it was straightforward but not so without you adding the last section.

Many thanks.

Tomorrow i'm going to add a simple guide step by step for dummies on how to do this!
cool, can't wait to see it
Old 10-08-2007, 10:55 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Just wanted to say thanks to cynix for this! It's just what I needed. Combined with the plist file for number formatting, my phone is now as happy as the old nokia it replaced. The joys of mobile phones being ssh'able!

Brilliant work!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

thats nice
Old 10-10-2007, 05:12 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I'm in Bangladesh and had the same problem. Thanks to cash7c3, its fixed. Thanks a lot.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 AM
What's Jailbreak?

In the UK our number format is:

xxx-xxx for Local

0xxxx xxx-xxx for National

+44 xxxx xxx-xxx for international

Which matching file should we use? Calls are never connected with local numbers only, they are always sent to the phone in national format even if dialled local, so I assume we should use the 10digit matching, as this is the number of digits proceeding the 0 or +44? Right?

I've just realised that some areas in the UK only have 4 digit area codes instead of 5, this would bring the total relevant digits down to 9 in some cases, so on reflection, to avoid problems I would go with 9 digit matching.

This would only ever cause problems if you have 2 friends with almost identical numbers like:

07886 123456
01886 123456

But if you were to use 10 digit matching then

0121 123 456 would not match with +44 121 123 456

No ideal solution really.

Last edited by headshox : 10-12-2007 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-12-2007, 01:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Cash
Just bought the iPhone and is desperate to get the caller ID working, any instruction you have post to install your fix.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:21 PM
What's Jailbreak?

CASH

So you are an Ozzie? U rock ! Thanks for the great work articulating the solutions for us laymen and women
Old 10-14-2007, 09:24 AM
I Own This Place

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.4 | Unlocked
Operating System: OS X Leopard 10.5.2
Thanked 1,063 Times in 590 Posts

cash is a Denverian.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A B A [select] [start]
Old 10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

AUSTRALIA
I have tried -7, -8, -9 and -10 but no joy. I extracted the file and used iBrickr to upload to the folder. I rebooted by holding down the sleep button and powered down with the red slider. Turned it on again and dialed from my landline that is not saved in my phone book.

Should display : (03) 9382-1234
Instead, I get : (039) 382-1234

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by truenorth : 10-16-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Does this work with 1.1.1?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:19 AM
What's Jailbreak?

For the record guys the file with 7 is the one to work in Ireland!

all others failed to sort the issue for me, great to finally see the caller id now.

I am mac based and found Fugu a doddle to use, I was very nervous doing it like all here, way to much information and options floating around on how to mod....so confusing.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:55 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Brilliant! Many thanks. Fixed my problem instantly - was bordering on going through my Outlook and rejigging them all

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > ModMyiFone > News