ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. (http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/)
-   News (http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/news/)
-   -   iLibertyX - Premier iPhone/iTouch Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Activation for OS X (http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/news/86791-ilibertyx-premier-iphone-itouch-jailbreaking-unlocking-activation-os-x.html)

cash7c3 03-26-2008 12:43 AM

iLibertyX - Premier iPhone/iTouch Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Activation for OS X

We are happy to introduce the newest and shiniest OSX software for releasing iPhone or iPod Touch into your control. What is is called? iLibertyX. It is the culmination of the great work put into iLiberty and iPlus to bring you the best in modding.

Guide | Download | theiphoneproject | Download from theiphoneproject

iLibertyX does it all, jailbreaks, activates and unlocks firmware up to 1.1.4 for all bootloader versions of the iPhone and easily jailbreaks your iPod Touch. Another cool feature available is the packages console. With this you can easily install pre made third party payloads onto your iPhone / iPod Touch like dropbear ssh and a payload to reflash the wifi / edge / bluetooth. iLibertyX will even upgrade the bootloader on 3.9 b/l phones if you so desire (note the bootloader upgrade does not work on ziphone unlocked phones). Oh and you can't help but love the great looking GUI ;).

A full usage guide can be found here.

Windows version here.

Big credit goes out to francis, pepijn, George Zhu, AViegas, cmw, w__, Baalbeck, bgm, cRAKn, GeoHot, MuscleNerd, pumpkin, SoLoR, sunny, tjcarter, and the iPhoneDev Team.

adam_hussynec 03-26-2008 12:38 PM

awesome

abukadi 03-26-2008 12:40 PM

what does the "free my 8GB iPhone" mean?

I have a 16GB , so it wont' work on it? beside would it work on 1.1.2 or only 1.1.4?
Thankx

poetic_folly 03-26-2008 12:54 PM

Works fine on anything 1.0.2 and up.

Free my 8GB iPhone is in the screenshot because Cody has an 8GB iPhone. iLibertyX knows what's connected to it. ;)

kingskid07 03-26-2008 12:55 PM

Looks Cool... but is it really worth leaving Independence or ziphone in the wind for???

alucardunit1 03-26-2008 12:55 PM

yeah what versions is it for?

iNfEk 03-26-2008 01:01 PM

whats the difference on this vs ziphone?

abukadi 03-26-2008 01:02 PM

iLiberty quits every time I start it . my iPhone is just restored to 1.1.2 16GB
what's the deal here? anybody has a success story with this software?

pncntigger 03-26-2008 01:07 PM

Nice. Can't wait to try this out.

thedirtyone 03-26-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abukadi (Post 526201)
iLiberty quits every time I start it . my iPhone is just restored to 1.1.2 16GB
what's the deal here? anybody has a success story with this software?

have you tried restarting your computer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingskid07 (Post 526091)
Looks Cool... but is it really worth leaving Independence or ziphone in the wind for???

Quote:

Originally Posted by iNfEk (Post 526191)
whats the difference on this vs ziphone?

ZiPhone? Sure does! If you use ZiPhone on an iPhone with the 4.6 bootloader, it gets permanently downgraded to 3.9...forever, unless you do a hardware flash.

iLibertyX, based on the iPlus core, downgrades to a fully reversable 3.9FB (Fake Bootloader) and is a much cleaner solution.

Personally, I like anything that I can click undo to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alucardunit1 (Post 526101)
yeah what versions is it for?

Are you serious? Did you even read the guide?

Quote:

It works with 1.0.2 and up, and is extremely easy to use!

zoolander369 03-26-2008 01:16 PM

Where do we get the payloads from???

thedirtyone 03-26-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoolander369 (Post 526491)
Where do we get the payloads from???

http://iliberty.zjlotto.com/Payloads/

marcoiac 03-26-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash7c3 (Post 521101)
iLibertyX does it all, jailbreaks, activates and unlocks firmware 1.1.4 for all bootloader versions of the iPhone and easily jailbreaks your iPod Touch. .

From this it looks like you may want to use iLibertyX only on FW 1.1.4

However, the iphoneproject website says "Whether it be using older jailbreaking methods for phones pre-1.1.4, or setting your new phones free for the first time, you can do it all simply by checking a box." This suggests one can use iLibertyX on all sorts of iPhones.

The information is a bit in conflict here. What's the answer?

I have a JB 1.1.3 with Nate's softupgrade from 1.1.1. I'd rather use iLibertyX without restoring to 1.1.4. Can I? Which FW do I end up with if I don't restore, 1.1.3 or 1.1.4?

Also, what's the point of the reflash EDGE/WiFi/Bluetooth payload? After Nate's JB, my WiFi is fine, but my EDGE is a bit buggy (I think it works, I see EDGE's IP address but the icon does not show and I can't use YouTube on EDGE, only on WiFi.) Would it be helpful in my case to use this payload (I am an ATT customer, so I only jailbreak)?

Thanks a lot.

Remik_k 03-26-2008 02:00 PM

Don't work by me. I have connected my iphone and started XLiberty and 15 times quit.

rockjohn 03-26-2008 02:10 PM

can u undo the jaill break using the program if so how ??