HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > Computer Modding Software > OS Apps and Development
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS Apps and Development This forum is for development discussion of apps/programs being built for the OS side (OS X, Windows, etc) to interact with your iPhone.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Green Apple

Installer Like App for Windows

Im looking for an app which could run on Windows and have the same functionality like Installer...in the sense... one could add sources and then install the app's to the phone via the comp.

I think this app would be really helpful for people(like me) who dont have access to a WiFi network.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Green Apple

ibuilder its just like installer and its for windows u just add sources in it and the packages comes up double click on them to download but u have to afterword pwn the phone to get these packages preinstalled on the phone
Old 05-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Green Apple

Thnx for that...but i wouldnt wanna rebuild my phone when i wanna add just a couple of new apps.

Something like this which could just let me install a single app ...but all of em
Old 05-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Green Apple

try using ibrickr i think it will work
Old 05-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Green Apple

i have iBrickr already... but is there a way to add repo's to it?
Old 05-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows XP

No, iBrickr only supports the PXL repository.

The problem is that it is not possible to install software that will run on a jailbroken phone from Windows. iBrickr used a service running on the phone to do the actual install (borrowed some from Installer.app, actually).

So, since you have to get the installer service on the phone, might as well install from the phone. Unless you don't have WiFi most of the time.

Maybe I could figure out a way to fool Installer.app into installing from a local (on-phone) repository that I put packages into from Windows?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:50 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone
Operating System: windows xp

HOW do i install the installer app after i jail break the phone?
Old 05-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Green Apple

when u jailbreak the phone the installer shud be at ur home screen after the jailbreak process
Old 05-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
No, iBrickr only supports the PXL repository.

So, since you have to get the installer service on the phone, might as well install from the phone. Unless you don't have WiFi most of the time.
Thts exactly what im talkin abt.. i dont have access to WiFi most of the time..so whenever i need to install apps i have to go around to my brothers place n ****...or else use the iPhoneBrowser method. But then u see.. getting the apps inst that easy...most repo's dont open with normal browsers like IE n Firefox..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
Maybe I could figure out a way to fool Installer.app into installing from a local (on-phone) repository that I put packages into from Windows?
Or maybe we could have a windows app..or a web based application... which allows you to add installer repo's...Then get the list of apps from that repo and create an application list(something like what iBrickr does)...and then the user could simply click on the application he wants...click on install... n what the app would do is download the required iPhone application from the xml repository(internet) ..and install it to the iPhone(like what installer.app does)...or probably just simply send that file to installer.app on the phone..and then installer starts up n installs it like it normally does.

So basically we just need to replace the the "DOWNLOADING THRU WIFI" part with "DOWNLOADING THRU NORMAL INTERNET"..once the download is done....installer can proceed

GET MY POINT?
Old 05-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows XP

I understand.

Quoting myself:
The problem is that it is not possible to install software that will run on a jailbroken phone from Windows.

using the afc2 (USB) service. It would be possible using SSH, but we're back to WiFi required.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Green Apple

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > Computer Modding Software > OS Apps and Development