HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS Apps and Development
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS Apps and Development This forum is for development discussion of apps/programs being built for the OS side (OS X, Windows, etc) to interact with your iPhone.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 07:02 AM
DRP Dev Team

iPhone Wireless Sync App (wiSync) Development Thread

Update (12/17/2007) wiSync v1.0 Released - includes an iPhone native app:

Official Page - modmyifone.com/wisync

We are proud to release wiSync v1.0, the result of 2 weeks of continuous work and refinement by the iFrancis team. This version runs completely from the GUI, no terminal windows as promised, and for the first time, we have included a native app - wiToggle - that allows you to control the app's behaviour from the iPhone, it allows you to force synchronize whenever you want - directly from the iPhone!

Remember to enable Remote Login in your Mac Sharing Preferences, otherwise this app will not work. If your iPhone/iPod Touch does not restart after installation is complete, then you must enable Remote Login and then re-install.

Download for MMi Members
wiSync Public Mirror

I'd like to give special thanks to jjgsxr883, mbranes and iphonejeff for making this whole development process so much easier and so much more fun, I owe you one guys..

And of course, thanks to cash and poetic_folly for their support - you guys have been wonderful!

Update (07/12/2007) Final Beta Version Released:

Fantastic news! The final beta version of wiSync has been released. This release is guaranteed to work on all macs. The method by which the app calls the GUI has had a major overhaul and this means that the app will now "just work" for everyone. No need to set it to run in terminal or anything, and no more problems involving text not appearing in the text fields.

The best news, however, is that this is the final version of wiSync that uses a GUI maker, we have a new c++ coder on board. The next release will have its own Cocoa GUI, everything will run from within the GUI so no more annoying terminal windows, and you will only have to enter a password once.

More importantly, however, is that we are now in active development of wifi calendar and contacts synchronization, and this makes itunes synchronization that much closer to mass availability. Additionally, the new app will enable 'true' automatic sync, any time you make a change to the sync dir, your iPod/iPhone will be updated, and vice versa. Also, the new app will have an iTunes-like interface for simplicity, and when iTunes support is enabled, you will be able to see your sync dir and your playlists within the app.

And for those of you who are windows users, you can rejoice, because we will finally have windows support in the next 2 weeks. Those of you who use linux, support for your OS will come even sooner than that!

Bear with us though, but the app will be out of beta by then, and it will have its official launch right here at ModMyiFone! Obviously because of trademark issues, we needed to change the name of the app to something less provocative. wiSync is the new name then

Thanks for all your support, your community has been extremely supportive, and I'd especially like to thank the guys over at the MMi IRC channel - cash, mbranes, dictionary and iphone-jeff in particular, for giving me a lot to laugh at during the last few days - couldn't have done it without you guys

And special thanks to Poetic_folly and cash for letting us launch the app right here at MMi!

Last edited by francis : 12-18-2007 at 04:45 PM. Reason: RTC Release
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:34 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks. But cannot download isync the download link is not working.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:26 AM
DRP Dev Team

I have just released version 0.65 with major GUI improvements, which is why the link wasn't working.

This is the new link and it is also up on the website now:

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-isync/downloads/list
Old 12-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Green Apple

Thanks francisois i will try....it's cool Wireless Sync via wi-fi....keep it up bro....
The Following User Says Thank You to HUMVEE For This Useful Post:
francis (12-06-2007)
Old 12-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Green Apple

I downloaded the 0.65 package, installed it ("upgrade" from 0.6), set Toggle and iSync to open in Terminal, but when I launch either one, I get the same GUI I saw in the previous version -- rather than the one you attached as a screen shot earlier in this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy For This Useful Post:
francis (12-05-2007)
Old 12-05-2007, 10:20 AM
DRP Dev Team

aha there we go, I knew there was something weird about the package installer. Just delete your old iSync dir in Applications and install again

thanks for the heads-up, gonna fix this right now

EDIT:
fixed, please download 0.65 again

Last edited by francis : 12-05-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: version fixed
Old 12-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Green Apple

does this work with windows yet?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:18 PM
DRP Dev Team

Finally, v0.7 is out and it includes, due to requests by many users, for the first time, a native iPhone app that allows you to switch automatic sync on and off!

Last edited by francis : 12-06-2007 at 08:19 PM. Reason: 0.7
Old 12-06-2007, 10:57 PM

Device + Firmware: iphone 8g 1.1.4
Operating System: windows xp pro
Send a message via Yahoo to iphonejeff

woo whoo! thanks to me!!

i'm what you call...experienced...
The Following User Says Thank You to iphonejeff For This Useful Post:
francis (12-06-2007)
Old 12-07-2007, 08:44 PM
What's Jailbreak?

can't install!

Terminal Warning says "remote host identification has changed" ... "host key verification failed"

what does that mean? or rather... what do i do????
The Following User Says Thank You to brujja For This Useful Post:
francis (12-07-2007)
Old 12-07-2007, 10:16 PM
DRP Dev Team

brujja check your pm
Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 AM
DRP Dev Team

wiSync v1.0 has finally been officially launched, right here at MMi!

Download for MMi Members Only
wiSync Public Mirror

Last edited by francis : 12-18-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:28 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I installed WiSync on my Mac and it won't open.I had Remote Login on and everything.Also do I need to put any other files then WiToggle on my phone because when I it the screen just goes black.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:36 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Send a message via AIM to jakecigar Send a message via Yahoo to jakecigar Send a message via Skype? to jakecigar

I installed on my g5 10.5.1, and ran it... the bar goes across and nothing happens. no errors. no messages... just takes it's time.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:02 PM
DRP Dev Team

jakecigar: That's exactly what its supposed to do. Look in your iPhone and you will find an app called wiToggle. If you don't, email me at yousef{at}ifrancis{dot}net and I will help you out.

nyzonthane: please give me more information about your mac, pm me on the board or email me at yousef{at}ifrancis{dot}net and ill help you out. And to answer your question, you do not need to copy any files over manually, you need to run wiSync on your Mac (10.4+) and it will do everything for you.

Last edited by francis : 12-18-2007 at 12:05 PM.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS Apps and Development