HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS Apps and Development
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS Apps and Development This forum is for development discussion of apps/programs being built for the OS side (OS X, Windows, etc) to interact with your iPhone.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Developer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
My suggestions:
-Allow changing of permissions for files (presets for 775/777)(Read that you can't implement this, hopefully soon though).
I don't see this happening - I am not interested in writing a custom service/daemon to run on the phone, and Apple's AFC service doesn't provide access to permissions

-Update shortcuts/locations (SummerBoard, Customize and "Third Party Applications" are now in /var/mobile/ etc.)
The test version 1.60 checks in /var/root and then /var/mobile, but I am going to switch the order before release.

-After clicking on a menu tab (Functions, Edit, etc.), rolling over another tab should auto open that menu.
Have to check that one

-Save settings on exit (ie Edit > Options > Ignore Thumbs.db rechecks its self when the program is restarted).
That is not supposed to happen, I'll see if mine is similar

-Option to delete all Thumbs.db and .DS_Store on whole iPhone.
Could take a while

-Option to drag files off of phone (to go along with dragging files in).
*ouch*

-New icons for different types of files (looks like only some image and audio files are supported, everything else is an unknown icon. We've got some pretty talented image designers here ;D).

-Change: when selecting multiple files, bring up same dialog as just one file (the "Save file.ext as..." not the "Browser for Folder").
How would you suggest handling the naming of the multiple files you selected? The Save as... let's you rename the single file, but I don't see it working with multiple files.

-Convert binary plists to text and back, and edit plists
I know. Lots of work here though.

Very nice list of suggestions - I appreciate it!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

I actually second all those requests.

Reako
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Still doesn't work for Vista X64?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:02 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: IPHONE 8gb ver. 1.1.4
Operating System: XP PRO SP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
Great thanks.
Just a random question.
Currently, iPhonebrowser doesn't allow one to rename a file or folder even though it seems to be more then capable of doing so.
Would this be something you would consider adding for us manual folk? (installer is great but I prefer to install my apps myself...it's about control i guess)

Obviously great app/

*EDIT*
Nvm, I just installed it and the first thing I saw was the ability to turn off preview and to rename files/folders.

Thanks buddy

You have to use winscp for this purpose

It works very well.

But you must 1st jailbreak it.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS Apps and Development