HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 01:27 AM
What's Jailbreak?

iPhone can not to be restored

Hello my friends.

My case is this.

I used to have an unlocked and fully functional iPhone with firmware 1.1.3, but one of my friends upgrade it to firmware 1.1.4 accidentally... suddenly it stoped to work... it cant make calls anymore and wi fi is broken to.

I dont know how to unlock the iPhone cuz from the begining it was given to me previously unlocked. I have been investigating and i find that the unlock process is made with an app called ziphone, and the newest version of ziphone (version 3) can fix this problem, but first i have to downgrade the phone to firmware version 1.1.3.

I tried to restore it with itunes but the process never ends, so i unpluged my iphone and i found that it was in the recovery mode (you know the symbol with the cable and itunes logo) ... then i try to restore to the firmware 1.1.3 but it says that an Unknown error occured (1).

So, i am really stucked with this.

Can anyone help me?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:34 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: PWNed iPhone 1.1.4. Jailbroken and Unlocked
Operating System: Leopard on Macbook and Vista Ultimate on PC

Numberous people had an error (1) problem when they try to restore or upgrade and 'almost normal'. You just have to put the iPhone in restore in a specific way to get rid of this. I cant remember how in proper detail but I think you have to put the iPhone in full DFU mode.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:25 AM
What's Jailbreak?

hold down the on/off button at the top at the same time hold down the home button which is the round one on the front. Hold them both for about 10 seconds, the screen will go blank then you will see the apple logo. After 10 seconds let go of the on/off button but continue holding the home button until you get the restore mode withe the connect to itunes icon, let go of the home button, connect. Then restore.
The Following User Says Thank You to deniser For This Useful Post:
Supergolfo (04-24-2008)
Old 04-13-2008, 03:35 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: PWNed iPhone 1.1.4. Jailbroken and Unlocked
Operating System: Leopard on Macbook and Vista Ultimate on PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniser View Post
hold down the on/off button at the top at the same time hold down the home button which is the round one on the front. Hold them both for about 10 seconds, the screen will go blank then you will see the apple logo. After 10 seconds let go of the on/off button but continue holding the home button until you get the restore mode withe the connect to itunes icon, let go of the home button, connect. Then restore.
Yeah I think thats the proceedure... lol.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:57 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniser View Post
Hmmm... this is a 16gb iphone, i have tried your instructions but i cant reach that restore mode.

It seems i am not the only one, i found this example in youtube.

YouTube - the new iphone problem! no yellow...

is there now a solution for this?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:33 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Operating System: Intel Mac OSX Leopard

use Ziphone to unlock.

1.1.4 pwned. 4.6 bl AT&T. baseband 04.05.02_G
Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Update

I just reRestore my iPhone to version 1.1.4, but my try to downgrade the firmware still fails with the same error (1).

So... i procede to unlock it with the lastest version of iLiberty+ and... it was GOOD!!! it worked... but not for long... after about two hours my iPhone broke again... no telephone, no wifi and i think even no sound. =(

I am restoring the phone again with iTunes to version 1.1.4... and now... i dont know what to do... if to try with ziphone or this new version of PwnageTool that is anounced in a banner in this site, i never use any of this.

I think the best i can do is to downgrade to 1.1.3 cuz that version works fine with me until i upgrade but i just cant because that error (1), i am using iTunes 7.6.2... but maybe now is safe to unlock it to 1.1.4 with one of this new appz.

What do you think?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:29 PM

use an earlier version of itunes
Old 04-14-2008, 01:51 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Update

Well i have tried with an older version of iTunes (7.4) and i still get that anoying error (1) message.

I have discover too that i cant restore my iphone only with previous version of firmware but also with the current when i try to get from a source like http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

The only way that i had succeded (for 2 times) restoring is downloading the lastest firmware directly from itunes.

Also.. firmware is downloaded to my mac from a source like http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ it automatically unzip the software and then unpakage... is a nightmare.

Now i am downloding the firmware again directly from itunes in order to try it again with another software.... maybe next time i try ziphone, what you think?
Old 04-14-2008, 01:59 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8G 1.1.4 JB
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2, XP

On a slightly different tack, don't let friends mess with your iPhone! That's a sure prescription for trouble...

Old 04-14-2008, 02:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Today Last Update

Now i cant restore iphone in anyway... when i try, it sends me a new box that says The iPhone "Supergolfo" could not be restored. An unkown error occurred (1604)

Now i can to say... that my bigest problem is that i just can not ro restore my iPhone from it factory settings with iTunes.

Im really tired for today...

Last edited by Supergolfo : 04-14-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:21 AM

???
Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Well, yesterday i just restored again to 1.1.4... used iLiberty+ to unlock it.... 5 hours after... no phone, no wifi again.

Today i restored again 1.1.4 (always because that damn error (1) that dont let me downgrade to 1.1.3) ... used ziphone and now i just waiting to broke again the phone and the wifi.

Any idea of how to downgrade 1.1.3 with out using iTunes?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:02 AM

Operating System: MAC & WinXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergolfo View Post
Well, yesterday i just restored again to 1.1.4... used iLiberty+ to unlock it.... 5 hours after... no phone, no wifi again.

Today i restored again 1.1.4 (always because that damn error (1) that dont let me downgrade to 1.1.3) ... used ziphone and now i just waiting to broke again the phone and the wifi.

Any idea of how to downgrade 1.1.3 with out using iTunes?
After you restore back to factory 1.1.4 and setup as a new phone, use the Pwntool 1.1 to pwn your phone. Follow the instructions carefully.
The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:
Supergolfo (04-24-2008)
Old 04-17-2008, 01:03 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.3
Operating System: MAC OS 10.5.2
hello

no prob's wen you ave error message open ziphone 3 and do
it all your phone is cracked but mabe not jailbreaked
jailbreak it after
oki

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion