HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Green Apple

Send a message via MSN to m_alexandro121
itunes vs pwange ... help.. how to delete pwnage on my cel

well a lot of people have ask for the same questios as I.. but most of them haven't receive any help at all.. so if someone really know how to solve the next problem, please help us.

While I was doing all the steps of the pwange tool, so I try to restored my iphone but some problem seems to happen... error 1604, on itunes,... so i try to restored a lot o times (like 50 at least) like someone told me on another threat so I have try to follow a lot of advice from the community but non of does have seen to help me so what can i do....?

I found one possible solution to my iphone.... to put it in DFU mode... so i try t do it but i can't get it into DFU, i used the ziphone refurbish but i doesn't put ir in DFU i have try the hold sleep & home buttom but nothing... what can I do...

1 can't restored my iphone
2 the itunes doesn't read my iphone
3 can't sync my iphone
4 the iphone works.. i can read & send message, dial up and all( except edge) but i need to upload pic music and more....

can someone help us .... we really need this...

can i delete the pwange tool on my iphone cos when i get the ifone on restored mode the steve jobs cartoon appear as so the pineapple logo on the screen at the beginning when you turn it on.

help PLEASE
hac (04-21-2008)
Old 04-20-2008, 11:29 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: T-Mobile FW 1.1.4 PwnTool 1.1
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.11

Exit iTunes.
Turn phone off.
Hold down the home button.
Plug the phone onto the dock (still holding the home button).
Let go of the home button when you see the white cord and the cd.
iTunes should start and recognize the phone in DFU mode.
Restore.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to freakoftheindustry For This Useful Post:
hac (04-21-2008)
Old 04-21-2008, 04:13 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 8gb 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista Ultimate

or u can use iphone pc suite....
Old 04-21-2008, 04:26 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch [Firmware 2.0]
Operating System: The iPod _is_ the computer. ;)

Hey, I think this could be the answer I was looking for. Thanks m_alexandro and freakoftheindustry.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakoftheindustry View Post
Exit iTunes.
Turn phone off.
Hold down the home button.
Plug the phone onto the dock (still holding the home button).
Let go of the home button when you see the white cord and the cd.
iTunes should start and recognize the phone in DFU mode.
Restore.

well i follow your instruction but no help at all.... I really thank you for your help but it still hasn't fix my problem don't know why.... if any of the members of this forum can help me I'll be more than thankful to you.... hope you can...
Old 04-21-2008, 11:46 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 via iPlus 1.2
Operating System: MacBook Intel Leopard

the only way to restore pwnage on your phone is to restore your phone with the stock firmware file. what freakoftheindustry described is recovery mode, not DFU mode.

Here's how to enter DFU mode:
1. phone disconnected from computer, itunes open
2. with phone on, hold both the sleep/wake button and home button until phone has turned off
3. release the sleep/wake button, continue to hold the home button; plug usb into phone
4. your phone screen will remain black as if it's turned off
5. if you've entered dfu successfully, itunes will recognize your phone and ask you to restore it
6. restore
Old 04-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Green Apple

[quote=jtesnani;799441]the only way to restore pwnage on your phone is to restore your phone with the stock firmware file. what freakoftheindustry described is recovery mode, not DFU mode.

Here's how to enter DFU mode:
1. phone disconnected from computer, itunes open
2. with phone on, hold both the sleep/wake button and home button until phone has turned off
3. release the sleep/wake button, continue to hold the home button; plug usb into phone
4. your phone screen will remain black as if it's turned off
5. if you've entered dfu successfully, itunes will recognize your phone and ask you to restore it
6. restore[/QUOTE
well I did what you told me but.... but It didn't help it just stay the same way as I have told you.

I'm getting really sick and tired of this problem can't find the answer on the web and it's really frustrating . ... i don't know if there is someone with the same problem as me, i hope so, so I can't be alone... so if someone has another good idea... well I'm all hears...

thanks
jtesnani I know you did your best...
Old 04-21-2008, 12:12 PM

have you ever tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes? or try restoring on a different computer?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
have you ever tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes? or try restoring on a different computer?
itunes no.. I haven't try yet but sync(restored and all) yes in another one.... but how do i do it on a mac.... well I think i know but I'm not sure if it could work or could damage more the iphone.... i really think that the problem is the pwnage... don't know why but i feel so....
were do i unistall the itunes?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:28 PM

you uninstall itunes by dragging the application icon to trash and reinstall/download it from the apple website, although if you've tried it on a different computer already, i'm not sure if it's going to work. i guess it doesn't hurt to try

also, i just re-read your first post and you mentioned you can't put it in dfu. what does the phone do when you try to put it in dfu?

another note, it is not pwnage that did this to your phone. have you ever used another software to jailbreak/unlock your phone?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
you uninstall itunes by dragging the application icon to trash and reinstall/download it from the apple website, although if you've tried it on a different computer already, i'm not sure if it's going to work. i guess it doesn't hurt to try

also, i just re-read your first post and you mentioned you can't put it in dfu. what does the phone do when you try to put it in dfu?

another note, it is not pwnage that did this to your phone. have you ever used another software to jailbreak/unlock your phone?
well as i told you i haved use other progams to jailbreak... zhipone independence and iliberty and all of them worked perfectly... when i put it in dfu the iphone restart the pineapple logo appear and then it show the cartoon of steve jobs.. thats all...
Old 04-21-2008, 12:47 PM

not sure when you had told me about using other methods but anyway...you're not properly putting it into DFU mode. sounds like you may be holding onto the sleep/wake button for a bit too long, triggering the phone to turn back on.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
not sure when you had told me about using other methods but anyway...you're not properly putting it into DFU mode. sounds like you may be holding onto the sleep/wake button for a bit too long, triggering the phone to turn back on.
mmm yes i think that's true but how can i do it t get it right...
Old 04-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone - 1.1.4 JB
Operating System: OSX 10.5.1

OK, Have the phone on..... Hold down sleep/wake and home button. Have it plugged into the computer to do this too. I've done it. It works

Hold them together for 10 seconds, screen should be black, not rebooting...
then let go of the sleep/wake button and hold down home until itunes recognizes it. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds, sometimes it takes 25, (ive had both happen).

There's no way that pwnage will keep you from entering DFU as its a valuable part of restoring. (I am jailbroken with pwnage and have successfully entered DFU mode on several occasions)

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE ON YOUR PHONE WHEN YOU ARE IN DFU MODE. THE SCREEN WILL BE BLACK.

Seems like the problem you are having is user error. Try again.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
OK, Have the phone on..... Hold down sleep/wake and home button. Have it plugged into the computer to do this too. I've done it. It works

Hold them together for 10 seconds, screen should be black, not rebooting...
then let go of the sleep/wake button and hold down home until itunes recognizes it. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds, sometimes it takes 25, (ive had both happen).

There's no way that pwnage will keep you from entering DFU as its a valuable part of restoring. (I am jailbroken with pwnage and have successfully entered DFU mode on several occasions)

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE ON YOUR PHONE WHEN YOU ARE IN DFU MODE. THE SCREEN WILL BE BLACK.

Seems like the problem you are having is user error. Try again.
well i did all ... and I'm now on dfu mode... just balck screen.. so y try to restore... but it stuck on dfu... it says error 1600... no like the past one the 1604... no this time... 1600 now i can't get it back of the dfu mode... what can i do?

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion