HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4(4A102)
Operating System: MacBook
Installer Crashing after latest Big Boss Update

I just refreshed my installer and noticed and update for the big boss refomended sources. I updated and now installer crashes after reboot. Anyone haveing same problem?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:31 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I have exactly the same problem.
Takes many attempts to open.
When it opens it checks sources, everytime, as it has nothing in the categories.
I tried fixing permissions, but that makes no difference.
I tried reinstalling it through Installer, but that makes it crash back to Springboard.
Also have another 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 which has had no wifi since anysim and downgrade to 1.0.2 and back to 1.1.1 - Spent hundreds of hours searching and trying out but to no avail. This is also 3.9
Old 04-22-2008, 03:03 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Works fine for me ...
Old 04-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4(4A102)
Operating System: MacBook

I found a post that helped me.

I stated that if you can SSH into your phone, go to var/Mobile/Library/Installer and delete Remote Packages.plist

Here is the link to the post.
iPhone installer wont work!!!PLZ HELP

It helped me out so I hope it will solve your problems too PaulTart.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colorado Steve For This Useful Post:
paultart (04-22-2008)
Old 04-22-2008, 11:44 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Many Thanks
Also have another 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 which has had no wifi since anysim and downgrade to 1.0.2 and back to 1.1.1 - Spent hundreds of hours searching and trying out but to no avail. This is also 3.9
Old 04-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Green Apple

has hosed Cydia as well on my phone, refreshed BigBoss and new version of AppSupport is listed, tried to upgrade and now no package in Cydia can be installed or uninstalled, immediate crash to springboard each time.

apt-get -u upgrade is reporting errors up and down the entire BigBoss lineup, here is an excerpt...

Fetched 198kB in 24s (8181B/s)
Selecting previously deselected package com.bigboss.appsupport114.
(Reading database ... 5801 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace com.bigboss.appsupport114 1.2 (using .../com.bigboss.appsupport114_1.2_darwin-arm.deb) ...
Preparing files...
Unpacking replacement com.bigboss.appsupport114 ...
mv: cannot stat `/System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/AppSupport.original': No such file or directory
dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
mv: cannot stat `/System/Library/Frameworks/AppSupport.framework/AppSupport.original': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/com.bigboss.appsupport114_1.2_darwin-arm.deb (--unpack):
subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 1
Preparing files...
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
Preparing to replace com.bigboss.poof 1.11 (using .../com.bigboss.poof_1.11_darwin-arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement com.bigboss.poof ...
Preparing to replace com.bigboss.region114 1.0 (using .../com.bigboss.region114_1.0_darwin-arm.deb) ...
Starting patch...
Unpacking replacement com.bigboss.region114 ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/com.bigboss.appsupport114_1.2_darwin-arm.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

...attempting to reinstall Cydia altogether through Installer right now, we'll see if its restore time yet again...

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion