HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 12:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: IPHONE 1.1.4
Operating System: iMac 2.4ghz OSX
Please Help With Fugu

DO I have to be connected to a network to be able to get themes and other stuff from MMI ? Ive tried fugu but it says connection refused and i have internet file sharing enabled and everything right i think ..... I have airport but i dont have a network set up . Ive tried to but i cant . I think i need to get the airport base station or another wireless router . theres a network that shows up on my iphone but when i type in the ip address i still cant join the network . This is probly a stupid question but im new to mac's only had mine a month any help will be greatly appreciated. I just got my imac to show up on my phone but its not showing any info when i click the blue arrow by the network name ?????? help me please THANX
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Green Apple

OK. All you need to connect to your iPhone with Fugu is a wireless network.
Are you able to connect wirelessly to the internet with your mac computer?
If so, then your wireless network is working.
So, on your iphone you need to go to Settings/WiFi and choose your network.
If you're connected you will be able to push the little arrow on the right hand side of the screen to see your iPhones assigned IP address.

Now open Fugu. In the Connect to: put the IP address of your iPhone there.
The Username is always "alpine" (without the quotation marks).

Click connect.

Oh, you have installed SSH via Installer right?

You need this to communicate.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:01 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I connect to internet via dsl modem , i dont know a whole lot about wireless networking . but I have ssh installed and everything i need just cant figure out the fugu thing and the var/mobile/library file thing . do i put that file on my desktop and download the themes , etc... to it ????
Old 06-01-2008, 02:23 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Operating System: MAC & WinXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua00746@Yahoo.com View Post
I connect to internet via dsl modem , i dont know a whole lot about wireless networking . but I have ssh installed and everything i need just cant figure out the fugu thing and the var/mobile/library file thing . do i put that file on my desktop and download the themes , etc... to it ????
You will need a wireless router to connect with your iphone.

In order to install themes, you will do that from the installer or cydia on your phone.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:
Joshua00746@Yahoo.com (06-01-2008)
Old 06-01-2008, 05:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks Any reccomendations on which wireless router to get ? i plan on using it mostly to play wii online and xbox live
Old 06-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Green Apple

You could get the Apple Airport Express $99.00.

Once you get your wireless set up - let me know and I can walk you through Fugu and your iPhone
Old 06-03-2008, 01:00 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iphone, pwned on 1.1.4
Operating System: leopard
Send a message via AIM to ajustcircle

well you don't really need a router if you're just wanting to do things with your phone, just turn on internet sharing on your mac and you're good to go. as for the xbox, i dunno if it will work for that or not.... regardless, you don't need anything fancy, you've got a dsl connection, get a dlink g router. you can get them pretty cheap, i've had a refirb i got from tigerdirect for a couple of years now and it works great. i think it cost me 20 bucks. that's what i have my macbook, powerbook, imac, ps3 and wii using.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion