HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 03:22 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Send a message via AIM to goosekeeper
Need help with jailbreaking my iphone

So, I have an IPhone which has the 1.1.2 firmware. I'm not sure what it came with out of the box because it was a replacement from Apple. I also have an IPod Touch which i successfully downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroke with no problems at all. I just got my girlfriend an IPhone for Christmas and it came with 1.1.1- took me under a minute to get Installer on it and now her phone is loaded up, which is killing me because I've had so much trouble jailbreaking mine. She offered many times to trade with me, but I just can't do it.

I followed the tutorial on this site called "OS X Getting Started Guide". (I have a MacBook Pro running Jag) It was way more complicated than than when i did the Touch. I'm not so computer literate, and much of this stuff goes way over my head. I took my time and did all the steps that were actually quite cleanly laid out in the guide but in the end the result is the same for me every time. i end up with an iphone in 1.1.1, jailbroken- with installer, but the phone service is gone. No bars in no places... in which case I'm better off with my Touch. After this, I panic a bit, and then do a full restore to 1.1.2, just to get my basics back. To have those apps in my phone tho would just be awesome, and I'm still hoping to be able to do it. If anyone would help me i would be grateful. I don't really care about jailbreaking 1.1.2- being on 1.1.1 jailbroken would be great- so long as i can make calls too.

Thanks so much in advance!

Goosekeeper
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:41 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Mac OS X
Send a message via AIM to Jodiedicie

Mine did the same thing. My advice, activate it, ignore it, and keep plowing ahead. Make sure you get the OktoPrep installed before you update to 1.1.2, and go forward with the 1.1.2 jailbreak. The guide you are using is the best one to use for this. Once I had updated to 1.1.2 and had it jailbroken, I restarted the phone a couple of times, and everything was fine.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion