HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 8gb iPhone: pwned 1.1.4
Operating System: mac book
problems with terminal...

So I was going to try and put a dialer on my phone via terminal and got this while ssh into phone:

mv: /var/root/.profile.tmp: No such file or directory
'MobileFinder will now download the contents of ~/iPhone on to ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync
/usr/bin/rsync -avz --progress @:~/iPhone/ ~/Library/MobileFinder/Sync
ssh: : No address associated with hostname
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(453) [receiver=2.6.9]
Download completed.
Press enter to exit...

I get this after typing password... Ne suggestions I've turned up empty searching the forums/tutorials/other related ssh problems.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Developer

Sounds like some sort of system log is showing up. What happens after that? Can you type commands? You may try a reinstall of BSD subsystem.
Please don't private message me for generic iPhone help. If you need further assistance, join an IRC channel such as #iphone on efnet or irc.osx86.hu and ask for help there. If you don't know what IRC is, google mIRC (PC) or colloquy (MAC). (I do accept private messages for help on one of my apps).
Old 01-03-2008, 04:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

after the message I have to restart the whole sign in process. I tried reinstalling the bsd like some other folks have to fix their ssh woes but no luck here... just the same log keeps popping up?

I've uninstalled/reinstalled ssh along with bsd and Im still coming up with that log... Ne suggestions???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryfone View Post
after the message I have to restart the whole sign in process. I tried reinstalling the bsd like some other folks have to fix their ssh woes but no luck here... just the same log keeps popping up?

I've uninstalled/reinstalled ssh along with bsd and Im still coming up with that log... Ne suggestions???

I take that back tried one more time before going to bed and this is whats up now:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
e0:72:7b:8e:f6:da:ce:88:1f:94:6f:19:6a:a1:ce:18.
Please contact your system administrator.

WTF!!! seriously what is this I didnt do anything different. (ssh root@isp)????????

Bump!!!

Last edited by fryfone : 01-03-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Developer

Are you sure you don't have dropbear and openSSH both running? I'd uninstall openSSH and make sure you cannot connect to your phone. It sounds like something realy hoaky is going on with your SSH setup. BTW, dropbear gets installed if you checked the "install SSH" checkbox when jailbreaking 1.1.2.
Please don't private message me for generic iPhone help. If you need further assistance, join an IRC channel such as #iphone on efnet or irc.osx86.hu and ask for help there. If you don't know what IRC is, google mIRC (PC) or colloquy (MAC). (I do accept private messages for help on one of my apps).
Old 01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
What's Jailbreak?

its the same... I unistalled then reinstalled ssh and it still doesnt work... Like I was saying before up until now terminal was working fine sshing into my phone. terminal doesnt even ask for the password anymore! Please advise
Old 03-17-2008, 10:26 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: WinXp

Can be that and app change the root password?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:14 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 (Jailbroken)
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.3

The simple fix to this is to go into your '.ssh' directory on your comp, and open the file 'known_hosts' (or known_hosts2, whichever one the error message specifies) in your favorite editor. Find the line that starts with the host that you were connecting to and delete the line. You will get a message like the one that you saw when you connected to a server for the first time. Also you can just delete the entire contents of the file.

p.s. you have to use a program like Onyx to make invisible files visible to be able to see the .ssh directory. It should be in Macintosh HD, or whatever you have named your harddrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryfone View Post
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
e0:72:7b:8e:f6:da:ce:88:1f:94:6f:19:6a:a1:ce:18.
Please contact your system administrator.

Last edited by desepticon : 03-19-2008 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion