HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 06:15 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Serious Issue after Trying to connect via ssh

Hi I just recently tried to use ssh to connect to my iPhone it was being picked up on my computer but when i hit connect it got hung up. when i went back to term-v100 on my phone i got a error "/ect/master.passwd: No such file or directory exist" i tried using root as login and alpine as pass but i had previously changed the pass so i tried that as well and i cannot log in.
now what happened is all my icons went back to normal and my wall paper changed to the OTB presets and i cannot get online with the phone and most apps arent working. I have no idea what happened but when i start apps they just flash and bring me back to the icon menu.
please help me out if you can.
thanks in advance
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:38 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 8gb iPhone: pwned 1.1.4
Operating System: mac book

Quote:
Originally Posted by oantixo View Post
Hi I just recently tried to use ssh to connect to my iPhone it was being picked up on my computer but when i hit connect it got hung up. when i went back to term-v100 on my phone i got a error "/ect/master.passwd: No such file or directory exist" i tried using root as login and alpine as pass but i had previously changed the pass so i tried that as well and i cannot log in.
now what happened is all my icons went back to normal and my wall paper changed to the OTB presets and i cannot get online with the phone and most apps arent working. I have no idea what happened but when i start apps they just flash and bring me back to the icon menu.
please help me out if you can.
thanks in advance
Im having problems with terminal also. if you could would you please check my original post to see it it is similar to your problem...

http://modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23903
Old 01-13-2008, 03:46 AM
Developer

Fryfone, if I were you, I would try reinstalling BSD Subsystem again. If that doesn't work, I would probably just restore and start over.

Oantixo: it sounds like you have serious hard disk corruption issues. I suggest you restore also.
Please don't private message me for generic iPhone help. If you need further assistance, join an IRC channel such as #iphone on efnet or irc.osx86.hu and ask for help there. If you don't know what IRC is, google mIRC (PC) or colloquy (MAC). (I do accept private messages for help on one of my apps).

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion