HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 01:19 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iphone 8gb 1.1.2 OTB (was a referb)running 1.1.4 Pwned
Operating System: Mac OsX 10.5.1
apple and spinning wheell....

well i installed a few apps off installer (i-slots dock and contra sense) when i exited installer and spring bored started to restart. but the spinning wheel froze and at did nothing. after about 30 min it was still stuck. so i held down the power button and home button till it restarted.. about 30 sec into the restart there was a spinning wheel under the apple ( half was on the apple half off) then it froze.. let it sit.. and nothing... so after repeating several times i began to see the dock (yellow thing in bottom corner) but other wise it is the same thing with hte aple and wheell... i pluged it in itunes recognized the phone as if it was on. i am able to ssh into the phone im running 1.1.3 locked to ATT with mac os x leopard, and itunes 7.6 (or w.e the newest version is) i dont really want to have to restore and go through the whole jailbreaking process again.

any fix??
thanx in advance
Old 02-02-2008, 02:17 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 (jailbroken)
Operating System: Windows XP & Vista

Had this happen to me last night after I move fonts and ringtones with Boss tool. Lost all icons decided to reboot and the hanging spinner at the Apple icon. Frustrating as it was since this happened after I had to restore once becasue after a flawless jailbreak I stupidly deleted my entire Applications folder (don't ask) and despite being able to ssh into my phone, I had no 1.1.3 apps backed up. When I did the first restore I attempted to shortcut and only do the 1.1.1 restore one time. big mistake. I had to restore again, but SUCCESS!

So sadly you will have to restore again. use the Dev. team installer package, and Psyberts instructions (followed to the T- I tried a shortcut on my second restore by only doing teh 1.1.1 restore one time and all looked well and that is when I got the spinning icon issue) no shortcuts. All went well for me and i have have Summerboard and Customize (including icons) working
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:
julianqm2 (02-02-2008)
Old 02-02-2008, 02:34 PM
iPhoneaholic

ugg!! ok tahnx.. yah i moved my ringtones and fonts earlier today with bosspreffs so that must have been the problem.. thanks
Old 02-05-2008, 04:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I had the apple spinning wheel thing earlier today. It happened right after I had been playing around with the SummerBoard Themes. These were themes that I was adding to the phone via SSH. I was still able to SSH in so I deleted what I had just added and then everything was fine. This happened to me twice. One time the Apple and spinning wheel went away immediately when I deleted the new theme.

I used the Boss tool when I jailbroke but I don't think it was that. It's been running fine since.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
iPhoneaholic

omg thanks soo much it just hapened again.. i sshd into the phone and eleted the last thing i did and its fixed. thanx man!

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion