HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:39 PM
What's Jailbreak?

New to iPhone, Modding Question

I just recently bought an iphone with 1.1.2 OTB. I upgraded to 1.1.3. I want to do the 1.1.3 Jailbreak. I want a fully working phone. I was reading this guide posted by punkassjim and nightkeeper62. My question is will this work if I have AT&T as my carrier. I want to be able to use my phone. If during the process I get the incorrect sim message can I restore it to a working phone relatively easily?

Thanks
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:18 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 16GB iPhone Jailbroken 1.1.4 @ 8 GB iPhone used as iTouch
Operating System: Custom Black Macbook(Leopard/Vista) and Toshiba(Vista)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlkv011 View Post
I just recently bought an iphone with 1.1.2 OTB. I upgraded to 1.1.3. I want to do the 1.1.3 Jailbreak. I want a fully working phone. I was reading this guide posted by punkassjim and nightkeeper62. My question is will this work if I have AT&T as my carrier. I want to be able to use my phone. If during the process I get the incorrect sim message can I restore it to a working phone relatively easily?

Thanks
First off you will never get an incorrect sim jailbreaking. you will only get that message unlocking the phone to work with other carriers. second, you need to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak it, install oktoprep thru installer, then update to 1.1.2. after that you can jailbreak to 1.1.3 thru installer and you should be set. I think thats all right on the jailbreak part. I on the other hand am still on 1.1.1 and i will be until some really sweet apps come out and are worth the price! But I read alot on these forums and elsewhere and I think that sounds about right. I did read somewhere that you might have to downgrade all the way to 1.0.2 then use apptapp installer to get it up in running again. good luck!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:18 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: Sold my iPhone to get the new one..
Operating System: Mac OS X Leopard, Windows XP
Send a message via AIM to lifesmymachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthurs1981 View Post
First off you will never get an incorrect sim jailbreaking. you will only get that message unlocking the phone to work with other carriers. second, you need to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak it, install oktoprep thru installer, then update to 1.1.2. after that you can jailbreak to 1.1.3 thru installer and you should be set. I think thats all right on the jailbreak part. I on the other hand am still on 1.1.1 and i will be until some really sweet apps come out and are worth the price! But I read alot on these forums and elsewhere and I think that sounds about right. I did read somewhere that you might have to downgrade all the way to 1.0.2 then use apptapp installer to get it up in running again. good luck!
actually, going from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 after having the baseband updated (ie regular itunes update), many people got the incorrect sim error (myself included) without unlocking, only jailbreaking

but solving it is easy, just follow the steps and it will bring you back to a working 1.1.3

one of the awesome things about itunes is that if worst comes to worst, you can restore

Last edited by lifesmymachine : 02-04-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:33 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: IPhone/4GB,8GB,16GB/1.1.3/4/Unlocked
Operating System: OSX Leopard
Send a message via MSN to heath_rox

hi first do this http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...grade_113.html
then this http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iph...ac_1_easy.html but dont unlock because you cant
and last this http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...jailbreak.html

Iphone-1.1.3-04.03.13g-everything working-telstra
Old 02-04-2008, 12:38 PM
What's Jailbreak?

hey people i kinda new to this can someone plz assist me i have an unlocked iphone an all i did was to uninstall my old summerboard 2.0 an installed 3.0 an now my iphone jus keeps restartin from wat i see .... can some plzzzzzzzzzz assist me it very frustratin need some help anyone would b greatful more love
reply plzzzzz
karlos5f
Old 02-06-2008, 06:26 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.2
Operating System: MAC OSX 10.5

Has anyone had experience with....

I've jailbroken one phone week 45 OTB 1.1.2 and all is working well, and installed all the apps.
I've backed up all the files using cyberduck sftp to my hardrive.
Can I jailbreak the next iphone install sftp and just copy all the files back to the new iphone and everything work ok?

Thanks in advance.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion