HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Green Apple

problem with wallpaper and background...

i have a MBP and am running 1.1.4 on my iphone. using fugu and ssh, i changed a number of my icons. i also tried to change my background to the leopard picture. unfortunately, it looks like i put this in the wrong place as it is not on my background, but when i pull up apps (weather, settings, etc) the very top portion of the bar is purple (the color of the leopard picture).
so obviously i put the wallpaper in the wrong place. how do i get this back to normal? and where do i put the correct wallpaper?

second question, where can i get a png file of the itunes logo to use for the ipod function?

thanks!!!
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.3 JAILBUSTED

Well, have you tried using Summerboard? It will change your themes for you in a second, verses you swapping files around.

To fix your problem, your gonna have to figure out what file you overwrote first - then get a copy of the original.

Lastly, check the "gallery" section of this site, most likely will have your pic, or google it. You can use software on your computer to change it to a .png format.

Im on WinPC, I use PC Image Editor for that stuff, google it - its free.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Green Apple

yes, i have summerboard, and while i've used a number of their themes, they don't have the exact one that i want (why i'm making my own).
as far as the background... i forget what it looks like! never really paid attention to that top part before.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:30 PM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.3 JAILBUSTED

Ohhh, that sux.

Dude, look at how your Summerboard themes are structured, you can "create" your own by just setting the files up in the same fashion and then placing the folder you created in the Summerboard/themes directory. Mucho easier!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Green Apple

not sure i get what you mean?
and any idea what color the background should be for these apps and where i can find that file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
Ohhh, that sux.

Dude, look at how your Summerboard themes are structured, you can "create" your own by just setting the files up in the same fashion and then placing the folder you created in the Summerboard/themes directory. Mucho easier!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:00 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 via iPlus 1.2
Operating System: MacBook Intel Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwsta4 View Post
yes, i have summerboard, and while i've used a number of their themes, they don't have the exact one that i want (why i'm making my own).
as far as the background... i forget what it looks like! never really paid attention to that top part before.
since you have summerboard installed, instead of going in and changing all the original files on your own, going through the trouble of finding all the folders, etc, you can just customize your own summerboard theme and stick it under the theme folder under summerboard. that's what i do. whatever apps you dont' have an icon for will just stay the original one, and you can also stick a dock.png and wallpaper.png, so you're not messing around with any of the original files...

as to your problem, good luck fixing it. i hope you find the original file
Old 03-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Green Apple

so no one uses SSH anymore?
i'm just looking for these two files:
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/default_BG.png
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_BG.png

if you can please post them or email them to me i would greatly appreciate it. all you'd need to do is drag them from cyberduck/fugu/whatever onto your desktop then email/post them.

and what image do you need to change to update the wallpaper?!

thanks
Old 03-28-2008, 12:57 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 via iPlus 1.2
Operating System: MacBook Intel Leopard

i use ssh to throw the theme folder in under summerboard but i sure wasn't going to go through all the apps and change the icons one by one. in my opinion it takes too long and i prefer having all the customized stuff in one place rather than all over.

i can email those to you tonight if you pm me your email address

as for wallpaper, in your theme folder (assuming you'll be using summerboard), just name the one you want to use as wallpaper.png, the image you want as dock as dock.png and then create a folder called Icons with your icons in there and you should be set
Old 03-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Green Apple

got it. thanks for the help!

finally!

Last edited by mdwsta4 : 03-31-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:18 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: OSX Tiger

Quote:
got it. thanks for the help!
hi, care to share the location of the file that u changed for the leopard background and the dock background? thanks!
Old 04-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Green Apple

i'm trying to remember where i found that. i thought i downloaded it from this site just like all the icons.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:26 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: OSX Tiger

Quote:
i'm trying to remember where i found that. i thought i downloaded it from this site just like all the icons.
ok.. think u mistook what i mean. do u remember the location in the iphone to change the dock and background images?
Old 04-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Green Apple

i ended up doing the above suggestion and creating a folder in summerboard to create my own theme. i changed all the icons throughout the phone back to stock. i never found out what the correct file name was for the background. adding a folder to summerboard is much easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdwsta4 For This Useful Post:
nazrizzz (04-06-2008)

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion