HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Missing mobilephone.app icon

I have a problem I need help with.

I'm running 1.1.4 on my iPhone, and recently decided to mod it with a keypad dialer skin.

I copied the files in the Surra-Black dialer with iPhonebrowser, and things seemed to be working fine, until, I pressed the + key, to make an international call. Turned out the + key had been disabled completely.

Anyways, I got scared, and decided to do a clean re-install of the mobilephone.app, which I downloaded from the Native Apps on MMI.

Installed all the files in the correct directories and restarted iPhone. Now the Phone icon is completely missing from the dock, and I have no clue how to get it back in there. Its not even present anywhere else on my Summerboard.

Repeated resprings have not helped.

Someone please advise me how I can get back the Phone icon back onto the dock, so that I can make calls. Until then, I've only 3 icons on the dock, and there's a missing (blank) space where the Phone icon used to be.

Thanks in advance.

Edited to add: Ok, the problem appears graver. Even after completely reinstalling all the files in the Mobilephone.app directory - and restarting the phone, not only is the Phone icon missing, but none of the other icons work. Pressing any icon just darkens it, but no applications are launched! I have a ton of apps and other stuff on the phone, and really dont wanna restore the phone. Would really appreciate if some guru could help me sort out this mess.

Last edited by Draxx : 03-28-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:18 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: IPhone/4GB,8GB,16GB/1.1.3/4/Unlocked
Operating System: OSX Leopard
Send a message via MSN to heath_rox

you shouldn't mess with stock apps.
i recommend a restore

Iphone-1.1.3-04.03.13g-everything working-telstra
Old 03-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Developer

Did you set the +x attribute on the phone app after you installed it and the other binaries in that directory?
Please don't private message me for generic iPhone help. If you need further assistance, join an IRC channel such as #iphone on efnet or irc.osx86.hu and ask for help there. If you don't know what IRC is, google mIRC (PC) or colloquy (MAC). (I do accept private messages for help on one of my apps).

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion