HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile) Discuss questions about your non-ATT / T-Mobile carrier here.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.1 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 04:43 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone v1, Firmware 2.1
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.4
Orange GPRS woes

I'm having problems connecting my iPhone to the internet over GPRS - have tried almost everything, I really hope a genius out there can help me out!

Here are the details:

- v1 iPhone bought in the US last year, and bought to the UK
- Colleague has been using it for the last year or so, using all functionality with no problems
- Pwnage tool applied, running v2.0.2 quite happily, now the phone has come my way
- I'm using an Orange UK SIM and I'm based in the UK
- Phone and text work fine, wi-fi works fine
- Have tried applying these settings, which work fine when I put the SIM in my other phone (I'm successfully accessing a web site on my Sony Ericsson phone):

ABN: orangeinternet
username: <blank>
password: <blank>

- Have tried several other username and password combinations including:

ABN: orangeinternet
username: user
password: pass

ABN: orangewap
username: Orange
password: Multimedia

- None of them work. I'm resetting the iPhone between each attempt
- Regardless of what I enter, at the top of the screen (next to carrier name, and five bars of signal) I get a small white circle inside a blue box. I gather this means I have a GPRS signal.
- Whenever I open Safari, I get the message: Safari can't open the page because it is not connected to the Internet. Any apps which use the web fail as well.

Any ideas?

Phil
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:52 PM
What's Jailbreak?

ABN: orangewap
username: <blank>
password: <blank>

I spent 2 hours on the phone with orange and this was what they finally came up with - and it def. works - if you are in an area that can receive edge/grps.
That symbol is the gprs symbol.
Hope this helps
Old 08-22-2008, 07:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone v1, Firmware 2.1
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.4

Thanks paultart, sadly it doesn't work. I'm still getting the exact same behaviour described above, even after a full reset.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:55 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3 on Orange
Operating System: Windows

Im having the same problem. whatever i try it doesnt work and get the same message.
Does anyone know what we can do?
Old 08-25-2008, 03:48 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Can I just check - you do have the GPRS or EDGE bundle added to your account - don't you?

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

Tags
gprs, internet access, iphone, orange, web access