HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile) Discuss questions about your non-ATT / T-Mobile carrier here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 7/16/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 12:17 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Unlimited Data on your iPhone on Fido & Rogers: Bogus?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10131160822

Quote:
OVERVIEW
Rogers and Fido offer unlimited internet option for iPhone for $7/month but requires the WAP access software modification which I perform.

If you have an iPhone, don't you want unlimited internet anywhere you are in Canada, even if you don't have Wi-Fi? With this, you will be able to go on MSN, Facebook, Sports sites, News sites, stocks and everything else on your iPhone through the cell phone networks, and only pay $7 per month for UNLIMITED INTERNET!

The unlimited plan came out today. Check the Fido or Rogers links below and you will see.

There is nothing illegal about this. I am simply adding a method of inputting an IP address to access the WAP protocol. Any iPhone restore will eliminate any trace of this.

If you want to take advantage of this, I will perform the WAP access software modification on your iPhone for $80, which will guarantee you unlimited WAP browsing on your iPhone for as long as you subscribe to the $7 option.

***** Call Shawn
***** 514-585-0085

BACKGROUND
Fido and Rogers have both come out with an unlimited WAP internet browsing package for $7 per month. Keep in mind, this is WAP, and not internet, meaning that you will have to access through the WAP server to avoid being charged. On the iPhones, you cannot input an IP address and therefore are limited to the internet APN and cannot use the WAP APN.

Take a look at:

http://fido.ca/portal/en/domore/3g_m...et.shtml#three

and

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...e_mobile#start

Call me when you have time. It will take about 20 minutes to complete the modification. Also, not included with the modification, I provide software update services for your iPhone.

***** Call Shawn
***** 514-585-0085

TECHNICAL
The software modification is needed because Fido seperated their internet into two servers: WAP (goam.com for Rogers and wap.fido.ca for Fido) and INTERNET (internet.com for Rogers and internet.fido.ca for Fido). WAP is for mobile phones accessing the mobile internet, and INTERNET is for PC cards, laptops, and iPhones without the software modification. In order to access the WAP server, you need an IP address, and there is no where on the iPhone to type that in. The software modification changes this.

The unlimited plan will be unlimited WAP (on device surfing) and the iPhone cannot access the internet through WAP without the software modification.

In order to access the WAP server, you need this software modification. You can use the INTERNET server without the software modification, but you will be billed at $50/mb, which will add up to thousands per month. The software modification allows for unlimited WAP for $7/month.

In order to access the WAP APN on an iPhone, a software modification needs to be performed using OpenSSH, modifying a few .PLIST files which I wrote myself using fairly advanced J++.

***** Call Shawn
***** 514-585-0085

PRICING
If you want to take advantage of this, I will perform the WAP access software modification on your iPhone for $80, which will guarantee you unlimited WAP browsing on your iPhone for as long as you subscribe to the $7 option.
How does he do that?
Old 03-01-2008, 03:00 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 Jailbroken + Unlocked
Operating System: Windows Xp SP2
Send a message via AIM to iChopPryde Send a message via MSN to iChopPryde Send a message via Yahoo to iChopPryde

hmmm this is very interesting this sounds to good to be true but if he is right it must not be to hard to do this our selves I really hope someone can come in here and shed some more light on this .... maybe ill give him a call
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:31 PM

Yeah I was thinking about calling him as well. Sounds pretty good, just hoping it's not a big scam.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to iChopPryde Send a message via MSN to iChopPryde Send a message via Yahoo to iChopPryde

ya cause right now it sort of seems like a scam the other thing though if it is on WAP will we still be able to go to any website and see the full website or just the ******** looking websites that you get on normal cell phones so all text base ect will I be able to still go on digg, view this forum, use youtube, maps ect using WAP?

I just noticed he is from montreal too and i am from toronto so unless he has another method I am not driving there to get this done lol
Old 03-01-2008, 04:16 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB w/ 1.1.3
Operating System: Vista Ultimate / XP x64

well I'm not to sure this is true, I just gave Rogers a call... they said that the only thing that is free, is when you visit and I quote the guy and their website: Google searches ,Yahoo! Canada, Canada.com, Windows Live, MétéoMédia, Lava life Mobile, and more... whatever that means. I personally don't give a crap about those sites, I want to be able to use Google maps and locate me anywhere. As well as retrieve my emails. That's all.

The guy I spoke to didn't seem to understand which data plan I was talking about since he was talking about the Wireless Vision thing or whatever and unlimited video calls..... But it clearly says on the rogers site that it also works with non vision compatible phones... and who cares about video calls anyways. He also said that it was a 3 year contract for that unlimited data plan, which I don't really care... but still doesn't seem to be what we expect....

I found out how to connect to the Edge network with Rogers Wireless.. but I used Google maps twice last month to see how much it would cost me, and for 67kB of data, it cost me almost 8$....

Here is the info you must enter in the EDGE settings under the Network tab of settings in the iPhone...

APN: internet.com
Username: wapuser1
Pass: wap

carefull, as I warned... it will cost you a lot of money if you use this to mutch.... 5cents per kB

I might just give the guy a call to see and understand more what he is talking about.... But seems a bit weird I must say.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 03-01-2008, 04:23 PM

Good uncovering djnikk.

Can I use EDGE if I'm on a Fido pre-payed card?
Old 03-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Green Apple

I'm using the 7$ plan and I just received my bill on friday and I accumulated about 5330kb and what I paid for that was $0.00 as long as you surf only..That means No Youtube No Email No Gmail use wifi for that anyways..

I'm keeping this plan heheh
SMS In/Out: Check
Voicemail: Check
EDGE: Check
YouTube: Check
Fido $7.00 Plan Unlim Surfing
MAC G5 Quad 2.5 w/ 10.5.2

Last edited by Bianca : 03-02-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPhone 1.1.4 Unlocked
Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.2 Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
I'm using the 7$ plan and I just received my bill on friday and I accumulated about 5330kb and what I paid for that was $0.00 as long as you surf only..That means No Youtube No Email No Gmail use wife for that anyways..

you didn't mention, "no google maps" ...
can I assume "surfing" means google maps included? what about weather?

look what i found on Craigslist... i have a feeling it might be fake...

http://montreal.craigslist.ca/cps/563369673.html

EXACT SAME AD, different name and different phone number.

Last edited by MattOnDemand : 03-02-2008 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-02-2008, 06:30 AM

and half the cost!
Old 03-02-2008, 05:31 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4- Unlocked, Jailbroken
Operating System: OSX Leopard 10.5.2

he prob takes it to the guy who charges 40 n make 40 off of him. if you notice there both in montreal
Old 03-02-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I'm using the 7$ plan and I just received my bill on friday and I accumulated about 5330kb and what I paid for that was $0.00 as long as you surf only..That means No Youtube No Email No Gmail use wife for that anyways..

Are you on Fido?? http://fido.ca/portal/en/domore/3g_m...internet.shtml
Also what you wrote in edge settings.. Because i want to take the unlimited data plan and Im on Fido.. Here it said that you cant use this with non fido cell: The Unlimited surfing on your Fido option includes unlimited mobile surfing on your handset and is only available on selected handsets only (non-Fido certified handsets, Windows Mobile devices and PC cards are not eligible). Data usage incurred on ineligible handsets and devices, incurred while tethering (using a handset or device as a wireless modem or laptop) or incurred using non-Fido (third party) applications downloaded to your handset will be subject to a pay-per-use charge of 5¢ per KB. Option applies within Canada only. While roaming outside Canada, data transmission charge of 5¢ per KB apply, except in the U.S. where data transmission charges of 1¢ per KB apply.

I want to be sure that it work before I take this plan.. Thankss
Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Green Apple

Well I am using a iPhone and the service ppl helped me set it up...
Like I said before ONLY FOR SURFING That Means NO GMAIL, NO GOOGLE MAPS,
NO YOUTUBE..See thats all pushing data to you so it will cost you big time..
All I know is it works for me and I did have to spoof my Iphone and even if they start doing that we all know how to fix that ;
SMS In/Out: Check
Voicemail: Check
EDGE: Check
YouTube: Check
Fido $7.00 Plan Unlim Surfing
MAC G5 Quad 2.5 w/ 10.5.2
Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Well I am using a iPhone and the service ppl helped me set it up...
Like I said before ONLY FOR SURFING That Means NO GMAIL, NO GOOGLE MAPS,
NO YOUTUBE..See thats all pushing data to you so it will cost you big time..
All I know is it works for me and I did have to spoof my Iphone and even if they start doing that we all know how to fix that ;
What are the company that you use? And how you use the edge on your iphone if Fido said you cant use it on non-fido cell?!!? thanks

Anyone know little more about that ????

Last edited by b-ballstyle : 03-02-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 PM

I am trying to understand what you are talking about I am also on fido and I got edge hooked up but are you talkig about the $7 plan or just normal data plan?
Old 03-02-2008, 11:04 PM

well...i duno what this guy is doing, however this is a way to do unlimiited data on rogers.
i use it myself...on a monthyl basis i use about 200mb...

i know someone who works for rogers who added this for me....
if u wanna know more leave me a pm..

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)