HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > Pwnage
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pwnage PwnageTool is a brilliant application which allows you to "pwn" your iPhone and allow it to accept custom firwares, which can be jailbroken/unlocked/etc. By the Dev Team.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 10:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Pwnage and iTunes Restore/Apple Logo

Okay, I just jailbroke my phone and everything with pwnage 2.0 and everything went fine until the "Set Up Your iPhone" screen comes up with the option to restore from a backup. Once it took forever and a day to restore my numbers and txts and all that stuff I was waiting for it to start syncing my music, or at least give me the option to. But instead it sent me back to the "Set Up Your iPhone" screen. So I restored it again with the same results. Now i'm restoring it for the third time even tho I already know what's going to happen. What am I missing??

And another thing- When I pwn'd my phone I was following the guide and there were about 10 or 11 steps that for some reason I skipped or didn't have to do or something. One of the steps that skipped was the one that lets you pick your custom logo. I prefer the apple logo and I would have liked to switched to that. How do I get it back now?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Green Apple

I'm not sure. Here's what I would do. Make sure your songs and contacts and stuff is all backed up. Then turn those options off in iTunes. That way, when you do your restore, it will focus on the business end. Once you are happy with your restore, then turn those options on, possibly one at a time if you think one of them might be corrupt.
The Following User Says Thank You to 02589 For This Useful Post:
mrsidewayzz (08-26-2008)
Old 08-07-2008, 04:47 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Thanks for the advice; turns out the fifth restore was the charm tho. Still could use some advice on the logo
Old 08-10-2008, 10:36 AM
What's Jailbreak?

*Same Problem, New Firmware*
I finally got my music and videos on my phone a couple days ago and being the excited person that I am I had to update to 2.0.1 (Installer fan...) Now i'm back to my never ending cycle of restoring. I tried the suggestion above to no avail; I NEED HELP...please...
Old 08-26-2008, 06:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 2.0.1
Operating System: OSX Leopard, XP
Send a message via AIM to mrsidewayzz

same issue. finaly got rid of the wifi problem and got everything in order, now i cant get past the stupid restore issue. im going to restore it to the 1st actual restore and see if i get any progress... now that i have wifi, i can actually use cydia and installer and those other programs. hopefully this works.

edit: unfortunately, its still giving me the restore issue. i restored it to every previous restore point on my macbook. guess ill just have to keep searching.

Last edited by mrsidewayzz; 08-26-2008 at 06:29 PM.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > Pwnage

Tags
itunes, jailbreak, pwnage, pwnage 2.0, restore