HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > Pwnage
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pwnage PwnageTool is a brilliant application which allows you to "pwn" your iPhone and allow it to accept custom firwares, which can be jailbroken/unlocked/etc. By the Dev Team.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Green Apple

Upgrading 1.1.4 to 2.0

My iphone works flawlessly at 1.1.4. I unlocked using iliberty+. I recently went to upgrade to 2.0 using winpwn. After upgrading my bluetooth, wifi and some other features did not work. I remember not checking the box "Do not wipe" when I made the IPSW. Could that be the problem? Thanks to all the great people and info on this site I was able to restore and downgrade back to a perfect 1.1.4 firmware. However, I would eventually like to upgrade. Any advice appreciated.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:17 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Stay at 1.1.4 i made the mistake of upgrading and it's not worth it...i missed too many calls or ppl thinking my phone was shut off just because i lose signals so bad on 2.0
Old 08-18-2008, 01:15 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.3

Actually you can upgrade to 2.0.1 which is more stable. You get Cydia, Installer and the Appstore all for the price of one. Use winpwn and the steps to upgrade here: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your 2.0 3G iPhone (Windows) [Updated] or on iphoneincanada.com and look for the video showing you how to upgrade. Very easy, signal and apps work flawlessly. The only downside is the battery drainage. But then again, 1.1.4 was not that good for battery usage with 2G iphone.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Green Apple

I could try 2.01. But do I select the "don't wipe" box? Is that why I lost my wifi the last time I upgraded?
Old 08-25-2008, 06:12 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.3

You should never pick "don't wipe"
Old 08-25-2008, 08:34 AM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4 j/b ziphone
Operating System: windows

hold up on i clairfied on upgrading on a mac it says to check off wipeout???????? i was just about to upgrade from my 1.1.4 till i saw this thread...now im gonna wait and see what happens to others. is it worth doing now....i have a 1.1.4 working great with no problems and lots of apps and cracks...soooooooo what are you doing..

how did you downgrade back to 1.1.4 from 2.0 etc...??
Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Green Apple

Downgrading back to 1.1.4 was a long process.
I copied the instructions for safe keeping from another thread on this site.

See below:

The downloads you will need are; (Download all of these to the desktop for your own sanity)
iTunes 7.5
Download iTunes 7.5.0.20 - FileHippo.com
Iphone 1.1.4 Firmware
iPod/iPhone firmware update 1.1.4 released - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
iBrickr
cre.ations.net - Creation: iBrickr: Easy iPhone ringtone / app management for Windows (This is windows ONLY)
Ziphone 3
ZiPhone's Blog
Kiphone
EraseBaseband

Ok so you've downloaded all of these, lets get started...

1. Upgrade your iPhone to Version 2 software through iTunes as normal, and wait for the Sim locked message. You need to do this to normalise your iPhone again incase any previous messing around did anything nasty.

2. Uninstall iTunes if it is a higher version than 7.5 and install iTunes 7.5 (You need to do this to avoid the annoying Error 1604). Some of you may have a problem on the mac when downgrading to iTunes 7.5 (Library error). You need to go to finder click on /Users/Username/Music/iTunes you should see the "iTunes Library" file. MOVE it somewhere safe. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DELETE THIS FILE, if you do you will have to redo all your playlists etc, believe me I made this mistake (Thank God for Time Machine!!). iTunes 7.5 should launch away

3. Restore your iPhone to 1.1.4. Do this by docking your iPhone and hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (PC) and click on restore. Point iTunes to the 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded earlier. Sit back and relax, you deserve a coffee.

4. Don't panic, you should get an "Error 10xx", usually 1015, this is ok. Take a sip of coffee, a deep breath and proceed.

5. Load up iBrickr, you will need a PC for this if you have a Mac or just fire up Parallels / VMWare. Luckily I had access to an old laptop. iBrickr should recognise your iPhone as being connected.

6. iBrickr (V0.91) has only two options, click the "Boot phone" button. The screen will turn red, this is normal, be patient it takes a couple of minutes to reboot.

7. You should now have have a 1.1.4 iPhone with a baseband from V2 (Who cares, its technical and we don't need to get into it here)

8. Run ZiPhone and use the "Do it all" option. Make another coffee, this takes 10 minutes or more.

9. You now have a jailbroken phone, with a "No Service" problem. Great.

10. Load up KiPhone. click on "iErase" (Mac) or "debug boot" and "Erase baseband" (PC). I HAD MORE SUCCESS WITH THE PC VERSION. The Mac version hung twice, it's your choice but for your own sanity maybe try the PC Version.

11. Enjoy, you should have full service back.

12. Dock with iTunes, it will ask you if you want to upgrade your iPhone, make sure to click the "Do not ask me again" button and click don't upgrade. Otherwise you will be back at square one.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > Pwnage