HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch > Media > Ringtone / Alert Sounds
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ringtone / Alert Sounds For discussion and sharing of ringtones and alet sounds like sms, voicemail, etc.

Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08 | Discuss AppStore Apps!

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 07:56 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.14
Operating System: xp
How do I add new sounds?

Any help would be appreciated .. I only just got this phone from a seller in the US. I have installer on it if that helps.

Wondering how I add new sounds for
new messages,
new voicemail,
new mail

etc

8GB iphone
Running version 1.1.4 (4A102) in Australia

Thanks in advance
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:34 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone, 8GB and FW 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OS X
Send a message via AIM to MacLunatic Send a message via MSN to MacLunatic

Just use Customize =)

Old 06-26-2008, 12:09 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP Media Center x86
Send a message via AIM to movalwebmaster Send a message via MSN to movalwebmaster Send a message via Yahoo to movalwebmaster

or if using ssh/winscp:

/system/library/audio/uisounds/filename.ext

this method will replace the default tones set on ur phone, be sure to back them up before replacing with new ones, also make sure files names are exactly the same as the ones listed in the iphone directory and that u have the correct extension (.caf)
Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 PM
What's Jailbreak?

not to jack thread but ive been trin to put my own effects for texting sounds..im using SSH via fugu and I cant quite figure out what file to start with and how to convert it to the .CAF format..
do you start out with a .mp3 and just change the file extension?? I tried it and replaced it with the 1st sms effect aka tri tone and its just silent..i replaced the file name word for word but im pretty sure my issue is with converting the file properly..any help is appreciated thanks all..
Old 07-14-2008, 08:03 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP Media Center x86
Send a message via AIM to movalwebmaster Send a message via MSN to movalwebmaster Send a message via Yahoo to movalwebmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianb View Post
not to jack thread but ive been trin to put my own effects for texting sounds..im using SSH via fugu and I cant quite figure out what file to start with and how to convert it to the .CAF format..
do you start out with a .mp3 and just change the file extension?? I tried it and replaced it with the 1st sms effect aka tri tone and its just silent..i replaced the file name word for word but im pretty sure my issue is with converting the file properly..any help is appreciated thanks all..

ur problem is super simple, yes u start with an mp3 or wma, go into itunes and chage the conversion settings, edit>perfs.>advanced tab>importing tab(in advanced)> import using: switch from acc to aiff

save all setting and then add desired song(s) to itunes, right click song and convert to aiff

then in ur music folder (in windows) click itunes folder and find converted song, be careful as both original and converted will be there. change the ext of converted file to .caf and rename file appropriately, transfer to phone and press thanks button, rofl, haha, jk

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch > Media > Ringtone / Alert Sounds