HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch > Media > Ringtone / Alert Sounds
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ringtone / Alert Sounds For discussion and sharing of ringtones and alet sounds like sms, voicemail, etc.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 12:36 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Very Loud SMS tone, works on 2.0 (jb)

Until Installer gets back on 2.0, I'd thot I'd dig up my favorite SMS tone from my personal installer repo, FightClub.

This SMS tone is very very loud, and those of you who are ex-Nokia users might find it pretty familiar Simply put, I can hear this tone from one office over at work, and I never miss an SMS now.

To install, download and unzip the attachment.

Browse to the folder below and rename the stock sms-recieved6.caf file to something simple, like adding a .bak to it in the picture below. Then just upload the replacement from the zip file.

Next browse to the directory below, and rename

Now just goto Settings > Sounds > SMS Tones on your iphone and select Electronic (I hate that sound), and you'll hear the new Louder SMS Tone!

Finally, I've got my loud SMS tone on my 2.0 iphone!

Note - Its recommended you Restart/Respring yoru iphone after installing this new SMS Tone. I've recently noticed that you may not hear the tone after immediately replacing the old one until you restart/respring. An easy way to test this out is to goto your sound preferences and select the Electronic Tone. If you don't hear anything, restart/respring and you'll be able to hear the new tone correctly.

I'll be hosting this for an automatic install on my Repo once Installer 4.0 goes live.
Attached Thumbnails

Attached Files
sms999.zip (252.2 KB, 446 views)

Last edited by x999x; 08-23-2008 at 03:05 AM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:
morth58 (07-29-2008), mpk140 (08-23-2008), nickh (07-22-2008), taytuan (07-28-2008), ToasterBoyOhFour (08-22-2008)
Old 07-22-2008, 01:04 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 2G-1.0.0.1,2,3&4 + 3G PwNd 2.0.2
Operating System: OS X 10.5.4 ~ XP
Send a message via AIM to nickh Send a message via MSN to nickh

Nice one, anythings got to be better than those custom alerts.

Thanks given for the zip as well, never been a nokia user but sure know the sound and as you say nice and loud.

Cheers.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:30 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2.0.1 iPhone - Tmobile!!
Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.5
Send a message via AIM to mylexon20s

what program are you using to SSH your phone??

nevermind, found cyberduck. lol thanks

Last edited by mylexon20s; 07-26-2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-28-2008, 03:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Thank you so much dude...
was trying a moment ago..cant seem to work on 2.0 tho it did work on 1.1.4
and my tone was NOKIA hahahhaa
loud and clearly sms tone.
u rawks!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone Version 2.0.1
Operating System: Win XP

thanks for that sms alert! i cant wait to start using it. a lot of people have silly cartoon clips available for sms and it was nice to find a decent alert thanked yo uas well
Old 08-23-2008, 03:02 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Thanks for the thanks folks!

I just set up my friends iphone with this and I just realized that after replacing the SMS alert, you should restart your phone for it to take affect. Once you've restarted or respring etc, your new SMS tone should be ready to go!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:46 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2.0.2
Operating System: Vista

I Am having Trouble Finding The program to Add Sound Files To my iphone. I have Installed and Jail broken my phone already. But the program that you have a screen shot of i can't seem to find. Is there anyway you can Possibly help me out on where you got it or what it's called so i can try downloading it. I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate if that matters. My email is Grandcherokeecub@yahoo.com . Thanks!
Old 08-30-2008, 03:48 AM
What's Jailbreak?

hi i would like to know the name of the program to use to do this
thanks

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch > Media > Ringtone / Alert Sounds