HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - Apple iPhone forum, iPhone hacking, iPhone mods, and more > Modding > General iPhone Chat
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General iPhone Chat General iPhone questions/discussion.

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Hello, Developers. Site Upgrades. 1.1.3 Unlock/Jailbreak Status
View Poll Results: Will YOU UPGARDE TO 1.1.3 NOW?
Yes 25 33.33%
No 50 66.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2008, 04:34 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Will You UpGRADE to 1.1.3? Be Intelligent enough to DECIDE.

Now Jailbreak to 1.1.3 is out! But DO YOU THINK IT IS LOGICAL and AN INTELLIGENT MOVE to upgrade to 1.1.3?

FOR ME NO! its not yet stable and im satisfied with my 1.1.2 Firmware. The NEW Features of 1.1.3 is available in other 3rd party software, so why will i UPGRADE? Why will i be on a hurry to UPGRADE if im happy with my present firmware...

If you are an impulsive iphone users to have a new FW, its up to you, its ur iphone ;-)

Apple iPhoNe Jaibreaked/Unlocked 1.1.2 week 44

Last edited by theone77 : 01-25-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:05 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I am still on 1.0.2 my batt is great and my edge works like a charm, 3rd apps works except for some w/ no relevance, why should I upgrade?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Green Apple

I upgraded, but I gained nothing and lost alot.

But then again, the temptation always gets to me so upgraded my wifes phone. LOL

Folks, I wouldn't upgrade especially if YOU DO NOT KNOW what you are doing and/or if you DO NOT READ all the posts before starting to have some basic understanding of what is happening.

So, now my wife hates me & she hopes that all the DEV's give some updates to the Apps for 1.1.3 compatibility..
Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Green Apple

The 1.1.3 jailbreak IMO adds nothing to what i allready have, in fact it actually seems worse than 1.1.2. Now if the 1.1.3 jailbreak was the actual 1.1.3 firmware in all its glory with everything backwards compatable then that would be another story

Chances of me jailbreaking to 1.1.3 @ present is ZERO !

Im even tempted to restore and install the official firmware once the SDK hits the street, my feelings on this right now thinks apple may have allready won this firmware battle
Old 01-25-2008, 05:36 PM
What's Jailbreak?

thought about it for a day or so, then decided to upgrade. im not impressed and do miss some of my apps. i kinda wished id waited.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1naryBand1t View Post
my feelings on this right now thinks apple may have allready won this firmware battle
I think Apple is eventually going to win the firmware battle; but in the same way so are we! This struggle between closed and open sourced firmware is because we want features. We wouldn't have to jailbreak if Apple provided all the features we wanted for us. Eventually, we'll meet somewhere in the middle, and once the AT&T contract is over, there wont be any reason to unlock or jailbreak.

My 2¢
Bells & Whistles
Old 01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Green Apple

i don't mind waiting. or never upgrading lol

1.1.2 has everything i need. my phone works flawlessly and i dont have any glitches or bugs that need fixing. it just works. period.

would i update if it became fully stable and working flawlessly? of course. but for now, why mess something up that works. if it aint broke, don't fix it
Old 01-25-2008, 07:40 PM
iPhoneaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
I think Apple is eventually going to win the firmware battle; but in the same way so are we! This struggle between closed and open sourced firmware is because we want features. We wouldn't have to jailbreak if Apple provided all the features we wanted for us. Eventually, we'll meet somewhere in the middle, and once the AT&T contract is over, there wont be any reason to unlock or jailbreak.

My 2¢
Apparently the ATT contract is supposedly 5 years. I am sure something better will come along buy then.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Green Apple

I'd upgrade maybe when everthing was stable and there was an unlock. 1.1.2 has been great for me and I don't see anything in 1.1.3 that I really need right now.

Don't forget the Thanks if I helped
Old 01-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Green Apple

I disagree about losing.
If one does it properly by uninstalling apps before doing the jailbreak, it was fast and painless. Every single app works with exception of customize and summerboard. While these might change the look of your phone they dont add functionality.
And from what I hear customize fix is in the works and summerboard will be too.

As for what I gained:

Webclips- great feature to turn my most used sites into desktop apps. Especially as an MD I have many webbased resources I use on my phone and now I have one click goodness to reach em. Instead of launch safari goto bookmarks goto my medicine folder and then launch I clip my app on home screen.

Rearranging icons- a much quicker more intuitive way to manage your icon positioning than customize ( the only reason I used it).

Multiparty SMS- sure you can install another app to do this but this one is part of the Apple Ui and woks and looks nicer.

Google maps- the ui is improved and witht he Navizon tweak you get all the functionality of locate feature and hybrid view.

Lyrics- Built in now are the lyrics I added to all my songs in itunes. I just tap on the screen of the album art with a song playing and I get a translucent scrolling lyric. Why run a separate app and move back and forth opening and closing 2 apps to do this when it is all built it?

There are some more things I havent noticed yet, like auto set up of imap for gmail, combining 2 typing gestures in one move.......

So why wouldn't someone want to do this?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 PM
What's Jailbreak?

With No summerboard, no edge, possible no tmobile proxy hack, im fine on 1.1.2. The one thing I like is the google maps hybrid and location tool but half of that still doesnt even work on unlocked phones. for me, ill be on 1.1.2 until these things are fixed
Old 01-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Green Apple

am not going to upgrade either, my 1.1.2+3rd party apps is enough for me versus having to go through the hassle to get a half complete upgrade (no baseband upgrade ).

my comment is for those guys whose been pushing (and cursing) the dev team for releasing the 1.1.3jb, go ahead guys! do it! you've been begging for it, why stop now? the dev team has been fighting each other because of u guys, Nate has been kicked out because he sacrifies for u. Now be consequent, do the upgrade! and don't complain if something is not working, you've been warned. So just sit back and wait for someone kind enough to help fixing it like what BigBoss did.

No offense ya, just my 2 cents

Last edited by asae : 01-25-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito687 View Post
With No summerboard, no edge, possible no tmobile proxy hack, im fine on 1.1.2. The one thing I like is the google maps hybrid and location tool but half of that still doesnt even work on unlocked phones. for me, ill be on 1.1.2 until these things are fixed
Edge works fine and I suspect the proxy hack would to.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:12 AM

well with the amount of cries for help that I've seen on the forums and on IRC channels, I will not upgrade yet, as this method really isn't foolproof yet. That "updating the firmware and keeping the unlocked baseband" solution seems like an idiot trap just waiting to snap.
When updating to 1.1.3 or 1.1.2 for that matter gets as streamlined as updating to 1.1.1 was, then I will consider it. It may take months, maybe so, but, I can wait!

Edit: I just realized some people have no foresight whatsoever. You weren't obliged to update, but then you did. And some of you pushed and pushed for the jailbreak as if it's your God-given right to have one! You didn't have to upgrade! Now, consequences came out of our impatience that will now impede the successes of hacks in the long term. Pff.

Last edited by dale1v : 01-26-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:44 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Im waiting until the jailbreak is a lot more stable.
The only 3rd party app i use is SwirlyMMS. Probably until the SDK comes out

ModMyiFone.com - Apple iPhone forum, iPhone hacking, iPhone mods, and more > Modding > General iPhone Chat

MMi Wiki / Guides

MMi Downloads

MMi Apps Directory

MMi Apps Directory (iPhone formatted)

MMi Wallpaper Gallery