HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - Apple iPhone forum, iPhone hacking, iPhone mods, and more > 3rd Party Apps > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches Post new native iPhone and iPod Touch apps in this forum. Also post updates to apps in this thread.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Modded Firmware Through iTunes | 1.1.4 Unlocked & Jailbroken

Old 03-04-2008, 12:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

iPhoneLocator - First Facebook Application

Think LoJack/Twitter for the Facebook. except better? I hope.

I got the idea when messing around with the string output and forwarding it to a different page, and I have a little experience with Facebook apps. I thought how 'cool' and 'creepy' it would be for people to know where I was all the time. Anyways, it's not much right now, but it has some neat settings like privacy, update intervals, and accuracy (joining coordinates together).

You have to add the application first on Facebook, then you get a Repository URL, which dynamically generates your REPO and install scripts. The zip package file is also dynamically generated as well based on Facebook account information. It pretty much requires no setup.

I haven't had anyone really test it yet, try it out and tell me what you think. I plan on adding location "tagging" sometime tomorrow when I get off of work. I know it has bugs, like not updating when going into deep sleep hopefully I'll find a workaround for that.

http://apps.facebook.com/iphonelocator

Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danvuquoc For This Useful Post:
drowlflood (03-04-2008), Jay14 (03-04-2008)
Old 03-04-2008, 12:44 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Woah this is an awesome concept. I will definitely be installing this now and trying it over the next few days.

Edit: I get a main script execution failure on the installer after it tries to send first coordinates
google maps locate me works here too.

Last edited by Switch07 : 03-04-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:07 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Hmmm, I'm trying from a brand new install to see if I get the same error. I might have foobared the most recent XML.

I've gone and removed the first execution of the script in the installer so it'll install no matter what, refresh your repo and it should install fine now. As for how well it'll work now, that's pretty questionable. I may add two modes from facebook, one that uses SkyHook, and the other that uses Google to resolve coordinates.

Last edited by danvuquoc : 03-04-2008 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-04-2008, 01:51 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 (Unlocked on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.2
Send a message via AIM to oxeneers

This is fantastic!

Old 03-04-2008, 03:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Kudos on such an awesome app.

I also had a problem installing version 1.1 on my jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone. Everything went fine up to the "Attempting to send your coordinates" step when the I got a "Main script execution failed!" error.

For the sake of troubleshooting, I went into BossPrefs and turned off my wifi before attempting to install a second time. During the same "Attempting" step, I noticed that the wifi signal indicator returned and the script still failed. Oddly, BigBoss Prefs still reported the wifi as off, but it showed my correct IP address and I saw my phone on the LAN.

I tried the same thing using the default Preferences app to turn wifi off and got the same results -- wifi turned on during install, install failed, BossPrefs thinks wifi is off, Prefs shows wifi connected.

As far as I know, triangulation should happen using radio towers, so perhaps activating/finding the wifi connection is screwing it up?

Last edited by drowlflood : 03-04-2008 at 03:47 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:13 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowlflood View Post
Kudos on such an awesome app.

I also had a problem installing version 1.1 on my jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone. Everything went fine up to the "Attempting to send your coordinates" step when the I got a "Main script execution failed!" error.

For the sake of troubleshooting, I went into BossPrefs and turned off my wifi before attempting to install a second time. During the same "Attempting" step, I noticed that the wifi signal indicator returned and the script still failed. Oddly, BigBoss Prefs still reported the wifi as off, but it showed my correct IP address and I saw my phone on the LAN.

I tried the same thing using the default Preferences app to turn wifi off and got the same results -- wifi turned on during install, install failed, BossPrefs thinks wifi is off, Prefs shows wifi connected.

As far as I know, triangulation should happen using radio towers, so perhaps activating/finding the wifi connection is screwing it up?
Same thing happened here. I'm going to walk out to an area I don't have wifi and try it in a little bit
The Following User Says Thank You to Switch07 For This Useful Post:
drowlflood (03-04-2008)
Old 03-04-2008, 07:06 AM
What's Jailbreak?

That's the problem guys, this actually uses SkyHook, and that uses Wifi! I'm going to implement a Google version soon that uses the cell tower version. It's less accurate, but it works better for some people with problems, I'll let you know when it's out.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:39 AM
What's Jailbreak?

What an awesome idea!! I'm already on 1.1.3 I've added the facebook app but haven't installed the program just yet. I will wait till you change it from wifi. Could you try installing it in Airplane mode??

Keep up the good work.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:41 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Sounds good, now that you said that, I did try on edge and got another main script execution failure, but that was expected i guess. Can't wait until you have the next version up! I subscribed to the thread and i'll be waiting
Old 03-04-2008, 07:54 AM
What's Jailbreak?

For the time being, I am an idiot and modified the wrong repository php file (I had two version, one for a shorter URL) -- uninstall the app (shouldn't need to because it didn't go through), refresh the source, and reinstall it. The install should go through, but you'll have to wait till I get off of work (I'm a workaholic) to get me to add the Google cell tower mode flag to the installer.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:26 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

so should we delete the file for now please advise thanks and great work

Iphone 8GB
1.1.4 Firmware
Modded
Old 03-04-2008, 08:38 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Okay I installed everything but I haven't got an icon on my iPhone. Should I have??
Old 03-04-2008, 08:54 AM
What's Jailbreak?

dallasnights
No, it'll still work for some users, you can uninstall if it doesn't work, I'll let you know when I finish a new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colacao82 View Post
Okay I installed everything but I haven't got an icon on my iPhone. Should I have??
Nope, it runs in the background. Check the facebook app to see if within 15 minutes it successfully sent a coordinate location to the application.

Last edited by danvuquoc : 03-04-2008 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-04-2008, 09:10 AM

ok yes it works, but its about 10 miles from where i am at now, i guess when you update via google later it will be better
GREAT JOB and thank you!

Iphone 8GB
1.1.4 Firmware
Modded
Old 03-04-2008, 10:04 AM

I installed the app then waited like 20 mins and checked on facebook but it says it hasnt sent a location yet, should it take that long? The settings say 15 mins so i dunno.

ModMyiFone.com - Apple iPhone forum, iPhone hacking, iPhone mods, and more > 3rd Party Apps > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Launches